LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Love me some MMA so i love the fights being on there, however, it definitely could use more surfing. I use to watch Drive-Thru all the time, and the occassional contest, but it's very rare to catch any type of surfing on there these days. Budget seems to be the biggest problem for these type of shows, they need more viewers and more budget to make it worth it to the networks.

apparently ufc threw bookoo bucks to fuel when they got there contract, obviously enough to take over the channel. beyond that, i have know clue? its definately not the same channel though, i miss the old fuel!

Does anyone remember Bluetorch TV, with Leeann Tweeden as the host???

Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    I've been wanting to cancel cable.... but, as sad as this sounds, I keep it for the Orioles.
    You posted this on May 3, 2012. Looking back now, wasn't it worth it? The O's made some major progress & I can assure you that the champagne will be flowing in Birdland next October.

Quote Originally Posted by waverider View Post
    apparently ufc threw bookoo bucks to fuel when they got there contract, obviously enough to take over the channel. beyond that, i have know clue? its definately not the same channel though, i miss the old fuel!
    That's exactly what happened, they pretty much took it over and made it the new Spike TV for them. If surfing had more of a casual fan base it would be able to compete, but less people watch surfing that don't surf than people who don't fight watch fighting, if that makes sense.

cancel ittt ufc suck the big one its not even fuel tv its ufc tv what a shame

Kill your television

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    You posted this on May 3, 2012. Looking back now, wasn't it worth it? The O's made some major progress & I can assure you that the champagne will be flowing in Birdland next October.
    Oh yeah, definitely worth it. Went to every playoff game in camden yards this year and those were some of the best experiences of my life. It's a feeling no fan of the yankees could ever understand, but I'm sure they aren't exactly jealous of that.

Back to Fuel... yeah gave up on them a while ago. My favorite show on there was On Surfari. Youtube, vimeo, and ASP webcasts do a pretty good job of satisfying my needs for surf media now. For stuff on cable...there's a newish network called Halogen that has a show called Surf Life. It's pretty meh.