LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a longboard, WRV 9'2" that has a large v cut in the bottom like a deep concave supposedly its supposed to make it faster.. It's pretty quick but then again it is a long board soooo... But deep concaves have been done.. That deep, havent ever seen that but does seem counter productive.

actually I'm thinking its not a horrible idea to try out. It actually helps to reduce the drag on the bottom. Boats have had that technology for close to 100 years, i was actually thinking of trying out a similar idea with the next wooden board i am gonna build, just to see what happens.Here's how it works on a boat

I'm glad someone brought up the chunnel on the CI board. It must not have worked because I've never seen a board in the racks or lineup like it.

The chunnel, and other designs like it, is a totally different concept. Like the boat hull that somebody mentioned, it involves ventilation. Ventilation has been explored, and continues to be explored, in surfboard design.

Wanna see something wild that uses ventilation as a concept... try doing a google image search using "jet bottom surfboards." Crazy stuff.

. Boats have had that technology for close to 100 years, i was actually thinking of trying out a similar idea with the next wooden board i am gonna build, just to see what happens
    Interesting . But aren't boat hulls are designed for straight line speed over flat water (ideally)? Not radical changes of direction on a steep plane . Rare for a surfboard to be 'flat' on the water for an extended period of time to allow any kind of "gimmick " bottom to work. I like flat or very subtle single ->double. Interesting to see how it would go.

best of luck ~