LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    Yea, you can see all the cool spongers in that boogie boarding video game! What's it called??...oh right, it doesn't exist.
    Remember Toobin? The real extreme water sport right here my friends, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RDxEHs4gj0

2. because we can all body board, but you can't all surf.

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    Yea, you can see all the cool spongers in that boogie boarding video game! What's it called??...oh right, it doesn't exist.
    Uhh...Mike Stewarts Pro Bodyboarding anyone? I hate both bodyboarders and surfers equally.

It is just funny reading all this crap on boadyboarding and surfing....and even the short boarders making jokes on us longboarders!

First, you can't sit here and tell me that at some point in your life (may have been when you were really young) you have never been on a boadyboard and loved every minute of it! Boadyboarding is something to do when the swell is a steep drop. I see more bodyboarders make it out and have fun on a sloppy big day then I do surfers....most guys I see out there get worked while the spongers and launching off the lip cause they can make it!

Second, unless you have road a longboard....you really don't know the enjoyment of it. I tell you now, I would take my 8'10 on a knee high day and work less than what I see some of these shortboarders....and all for what, a 2 second ride. On a log, you can catch such a small wave and still get a nice ride from it! And guess what, WE DON'T WORK AS HARD TO CATCH A WAVE!

And now I see it coming...."You longboarders steal all the waves"! Well, sorry that I am riding a 3 inch thick board that is like a boat on the water! Don't get all emotional when I catch a wave outside and get on it before you do....

I think everyone is missing the concept still....and as many have said in this thread....we are all out there to enjoy the water and have a good time! What is the problem weather your on a sponge, a short or longboard, or just out enjoying the water? Enjoy what mother nature gives us and stop acting like a bunch of little babies!

i had a longboard for 5 years and rode it periodically and never liked it. too boring IMO. personally I'd rather sponge than longboard but to each his own as long as they follow etiquette.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleheadedyogurtslinger View Post
    because we can all body board, but you can't all surf.
    But we can all surf. Obviously given if you have an injury that prevents you from surfing, that doesn't count... but most bodyboarders can surf and surf well! We just choose not to! So keep trying...

7. I like surfing with body boarders because I know that I can sit deeper and catch everything. They are also much more susceptible to shark attacks. Way to take two for the team.

I watched some kids body surfing, hand boarding and boogie boarding at 10-12' beach break on Oahu and it was the most impressive surfing I've ever witnessed. Its not what you surf but that you surf.

Different Strokes for Different Folks. Just stay the @$#! out of the way when it aint your ride.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleheadedyogurtslinger View Post
    I like surfing with body boarders because I know that I can sit deeper and catch everything.
    It depends on how fast you can paddle, period.