LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Images
    I think dropknee on a bodyboard is harder than stand up surfing. So you want to talk about skills? I'd love to see any of you who talk crap, to dropknee a bodyboard on a nice 6ft day. Yes, I have the experience to compare.

Images
    I see way more clueless surfers than i do spongers

Images
    I have never bodyboarded but I love bodysurfing. I made my own handplane this winter and its a lot of fun with a set of fins. Who cares what people are using to catch waves. As long as your not an a**hole you're cool with me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Because they have a complex of feeling superior to bodyboarders, and when they see bodyboarders getting stoked and having more fun, it is upsetting to them.
    That's really the only reality I can see about it. It's kind of mystifying the way it's "us and them"....the ocean is a big place and we are all guests. I've been very surprised by how surfer seem very stand offish even with other surfers. I thought it'd be more like a "we are all in on the secret"....we know something most people are to afraid to try.

I bodyboarded... And then I became a man and grabbed a big boy board.

I learned to bodyboard first as a small child, and maybe when I was 15 or so I learned to surf on a short Action board, it was really hard to learn on a short board. I thank skateboarding for helping my balance and prepping me for it. But I went back to bodyboarding, I dunno its just fun for me, you can really feel the wave and how it treats you. Like one of the previous posts said, surfboards cut thru the water alil faster than a bodyboard dragging legs. If someone has a problem with what I ride on they can come up to me and talk or fight or whatever, mostly they just murmer sh!t talk from a distance. I try not to cut people off like anyone with common sense hehe. As for skill, well look at some nice videos like this one here. I've seen smaller guys riding a bodyboard like a surfboard, now that is'nt a easy feat!

On a day where a groundswell is only showing near a pier and I'm longboarding, I hate the kids on shortboards that are grouped together talking smack and right there each time I'm up on a wave. In a good NE windswell when I'm on a shortboard and grabbed the shelter of an inlet, there some bodyboarder paddling into the wave I'm on.

I've watched a guy who absolutely rips on a kayak and was glad to share the line-up with him. I've seen some guys who are amazing on SUPs and because they're on it first, I get out of their way.

Too many bodyboarders show up in 6 ft windswell and just don't know the rules...

Images
    Order of suckiness starting with the worst!

1. Body Boarders
    2. SUPs
    3. Longboarders
    4. Boogie Boarders

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Order of suckiness starting with the worst!

1. Body Boarders
    2. SUPs
    3. Longboarders
    4. Boogie Boarders
    I thought bodyboard and boogie board was the same thing, different name. Please explain.

And the first surf boards where very long.....the first surfers were long boarders by default......you should watch how you talk about our ancestors.

ragdolling, those inflatable rafts are the best thing ever. There are a few guys in California that make custom rafts believe it or not. I found a standaed one at a yard sale and ride ride it now and then. It's way faster than a boogie board and much more fun, like riding on air which I guess it is, lol. It's the only thing that could tempt me from my surfboard.