LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdirtymomma View Post
    I thought bodyboard and boogie board was the same thing, different name. Please explain.

And the first surf boards where very long.....the first surfers were long boarders by default......you should watch how you talk about our ancestors.

Yeah body boarders are boogie boarders who take themselves seriously. They're the worst for sure.....

the first surfers were long boarders by default......you should watch how you talk about our ancestors.
    Yeah and our ancestors drove cars with a top speed of 30 MPH. Probably worked out just fine when there were 10 cars in town. Not so much on a crowded freeway.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Yeah body boarders are boogie boarders who take themselves seriously. They're the worst for sure.....
    Okay.....now I get it.....not the whole debate, just the boogie verses body. Thanks

Images

what's in a name....

Okay.....now I get it.....not the whole debate, just the boogie verses body. Thanks
    "boogie" is a brand name (from tom morey) so prevalent that it is a denotation of a product (in this case the foam bodyboard), like "bandaid" for adhesive bandages, "kleenex" for any tissue or "coke" for any carbonated drink.

Images
    I have body (Boogie) boarded for many years as a young adult and eventually became a fulltime surfer. I do occasionally breakout my bodyboard whenever the swell is pumping in a very shallow beach break or in summertime due to being blackballed. I don't mind hardcore bodyboarders it's the kook bodyboards with no surf etiquette that drives me nuts, same goes for SUP, kayaks, longboarders, skim boarders and short boarders. It's all about etiquette; wave hogging is another pet peeve of mine. Itís much easier to get into a wave with a bodyboard, then surfing. Don't be a ****Öby dropping in on every wave that is remotely in range or you will get dropped in on.

I don't think it matters what you do. I surf and my little brother bodyboards because hes a little heavier and it's harder to surf for him. All it really comes down to is respect in the lineup. If you're cool with me I'm cool with you and I teach my brother the same.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJSurf02 View Post
    I don't think it matters what you do. I surf and my little brother bodyboards because hes a little heavier and it's harder to surf for him. All it really comes down to is respect in the lineup. If you're cool with me I'm cool with you and I teach my brother the same.
    Where's the like button? +5

my sentiments exactly!!!

if you injured your foot or ankle for good what would you do?
    think with an open mind

i think its becuase most of them drop in on surfers. any way i dont mind amnybody in the water if they dont mess around!