LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Surfers!

Images
    now i am confused
    ok-
    I think i will not have my boy circumsized
    I guess God or nature put it there for a reason and we don't live in a waterless desert like the olden day wondering semites.

Images
    Dude.... Go to talk to some physicians and do some medical research... And then weigh out your options.
    Its a valid question that I dont think a lot of parents think about very much, but medical advice on your son, I think your asking in the wrong place!

I'm thankful my parents had it done and I had it done for my son- I say do it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eppeldaa View Post
    I guess God or nature put it there for a reason and we don't live in a waterless desert like the olden day wondering semites.
    Yes- God made man that way, but God also commanded man to be circumcised (Genesis 17) as a covenant with Himself.
    When God sets standards or rules for us to live by (ie- 10 commandments to begin with...) - its best to follow them even when we don't know/understand why. God gave us these because He knows whats best for us. And ultimately to show us how short we fall from His standard of perfection on a daily bases-breaking our fellowship with Him when we fall short- thus our need for a Savior.

Images
    You should have put a poll on this......a pole poll

dude circumsize ur kid girls are gonna make fun of him..

Images
    Aardvarks rule!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Yes- God made man that way, but God also commanded man to be circumcised (Genesis 17) as a covenant with Himself. When God sets standards or rules for us to live by (ie- 10 commandments to begin with...) - its best to follow them even when we don't know/understand why. God gave us these because He knows whats best for us. And ultimately to show us how short we fall from His standard of perfection on a daily bases-breaking our fellowship with Him when we fall short- thus our need for a Savior.
    yeah just to expand on this, god didn't make a perfect world but rather a 'perfectible' one. our job here is to turn the darkness into light. So to say you will leave your foreskin the way god intended it to be is false. to the contrary, everything we enjoy in this world is improved by human intervention. god gives the ingredients but we must make the food. god provides waves but we must make the surfboards. human activity is essential to improving the world. the whole idea of circumcision and the covenant is to remind us that if we want to repair the world, we must start by repairing ourselves....but if your not into the spiritual stuff at least do it for the health concerns.

Images
    hahaha im sorry but this thread is great. probably not the right forum for this but still entertaining nonetheless. As for my opinion, cut it man. could be complications for him later on in life that would be unnecessary otherwise. I sure wouldn't want that for my kid.

Images
    oh god where did they stick the needle?
    Supposedly right near the pee hole, lol! They also told him that they recomend he get circumsized now to avoid further complications. He read up about how painfull that was when you are an adult and decided against it. He said he would have rather had it done when he was a baby and have no memory of it now. I guess it was just too traumatizing to think about going through it as an adult.