LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Do you like to surf alone?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

102 58.96%
  • Sometimes

48 27.75%
  • Only if I have to.

21 12.14%
  • No! Sharks!

6 3.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool View Post
    "There's only one thing better than a solo session. That's a session with a good friend."
    -A. Weisbecker, In Search Of Captain Zero
    Well stated!!

i dont even have my friends who surf so i mostly end up going out alone. in the summer however youre bound to be stuck with a bunch of people around here. most of whom you probably dont want out there with you...ive only got a year or two under my belt so i DO feel safer with other people around

i love surfing alone...helps empty out the head and just "live in the moment"...yeh cheesy. not a single one of my friends surf so im always padling out alone...but i say whats up to people here and there in the line up. even though it gets packed when there are waves...i still manage to block everyone out and just enjoy surfing. love the fact that this isnt a team sport...damn i sound anti-social as hell

fucckk
    I always surf alone. I just like being out there by myself with my thoughts. Surfing is the one time a day when I don't have to deal with people's bull****, so I prefer to surf alone.

As much as I can. It's a rarity in Southern California and you have to wake up pretty early, but there are empty peaks here and there. I like being the only person out as far as I can see.

Alone or with one or two others is OK.
    During the winter when it's getting dark, it's sometimes nice to have a few others out there with you ,

Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    I usually surf my best when i surf alone
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a tree falls off his surfboard and gets eaten by a shark and no one is around to hear him scream, does he make a sound, yo?

Quote Originally Posted by washashore View Post
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
    hahaha exactly. if you do a sick trick and no one saw it, it never happened!!

i voted in this poll when it was first posted & never actually posted a comment, but since it's been revived, i feel now's the time.

as a general rule, surfers suck. i never like sharing the line up w/ other surfers unless i know them. even then, it's only tolerable at best. i'll take an empy line-up any day of the week & actively seek them out as much as possible, happily surfing somewhat inferior waves rather than deal w/ other surfers.