LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    the ladies of the rockaways

    the overwhelming majority are a welcome addition to the lineup but there are a few i've been watching drop in on everyone in sight for years. today saw the worst repeat offender paddle out to a crowded peak and proceed to blatantly drop in on someone on her first three waves. on one she had the audacity to apologize and say she didn't see the guy she plowed over with her giant log. no, you didn't see him because YOU NEVER LOOK BACK!

    these ladies aren't beginners. they just don't give a fcuk.

    (this concludes this yearly rant. have a great weekend!)

  2. #2
    if you surf rockaway you know not to surf at 90th. its kook central there and no on has the bells to police the lineup.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,365
    that place is definitely a zoo, especially when it gets big. getting to the point where i'd rather drive to long beach if i go up there.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    if you surf rockaway you know not to surf at 90th. its kook central there and no on has the bells to police the lineup.
    this was out east where it's usually a bit more chill. i almost said something but knew it wasn't worth the drama because this chick has been like this for years.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    this was out east where it's usually a bit more chill. i almost said something but knew it wasn't worth the drama because this chick has been like this for years.
    why not? what was she gonna do? fight? Is she super local or something? you can always drop a polite "yo!" when you're paddling into the wave. I wonder if I know her?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mission Beach/Spring Lake
    Posts
    779
    Wait... hold on! you're telling me that chicks dont pay attention in the line-ups either?!?! She must have been texting and driving

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    why not? what was she gonna do? fight? Is she super local or something? you can always drop a polite "yo!" when you're paddling into the wave. I wonder if I know her?
    all the people she dropped in on gave a 'yo' which she ignored. after watching her do it a third time in a row i was just laughing about it though it's kinda dangerous because she rides this huge red log.. i guess i'm kinda old school and think regulating a girl is beneath me. i mean, what's to gain? she tells me to fcuk off and just keeps doing it? it's not like we're going to take to the beach.. would be more forgivable if she was hot

  8. #8
    hmmm... not hot.... typical for rockaway girls. lol.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    this was out east where it's usually a bit more chill. i almost said something but knew it wasn't worth the drama because this chick has been like this for years.
    yo travy....this sounds exactly like a girl with a plank that dropped in on me!!! In the hamptons right?? Let me know bro11!!

  10. #10
    Kinda butch, rides a HUGE log..........