LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yesterday was soooo fun... everything came together, at least for me... right swell, right tide, right wind, right board, right spot, little to nobody out. Lots of little barrels.

This spring has been pretty good, after a lackluster winter season. And I've been lucky enough to not have anything conflicting with most surfable days, which is not always the case.

Boots are getting pretty stinky. And that's a good thing.

Yesterday was one of those days that illustrates how overhyped hurricane and other long period storm swells are. It was a nice mid period southy swell that our beaches could handle without closing out. As such, every damn jetty was peeling off long walls. That allowed everyone to spread out. I surfed with 2 other guys. Sick stuff. Soooo fun.

I hear you LBCrew. Everything came together just right yesterday. Got low tide good at one spot, high tide at another. Called outta work, didn't have to pick up the kids, wasn't hung over, got my morning dump in, didn't worry about circumcisions, only two other guys out at both spots, perfect board selection.
    To top it off, I actually got to share waves with a juvenile porpoise who seemed curious about me. He kept breaching right next to me. I've been close to them before in the OBX but never at my home break. I hooted him into banging left off the jetty. He seemed like he was swimming solo.

yesterday got three sessions in.... best day of waves for more than half a year i'd say. Not the biggest...but just perfect. fun sized, light offshore, long peelers with tube sections. didnt seem to matter what board, or what tide. was a bit more crowded than i hoped for at my local, but it was worth it

Good post, but I believe you just jinxed us for the next 2 months.

6. it has been amazing out there.. iam freaking tired as **** 3 5am sessions killing me. and booties def stinking.. glad to see that everybody had good time 29 more days till Costa Rica yeaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Images
    I think what made this past swell really good, was that there was a mix of ENE longer period swell and S short period swell. In my area, it really made for a good quality, peaky wave. The mix of the 2 swells actually made for bigger wave heights.

Images
    Now if the ene would pop up more often we will be good

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I think what made this past swell really good, was that there was a mix of ENE longer period swell and S short period swell. In my area, it really made for a good quality, peaky wave. The mix of the 2 swells actually made for bigger wave heights.
    this week it looks like a small east swell <1ft around 11-12 sec, do you expect that will help the S short period again or is it too small

10. ROUND 2 this week baby cant wait to surf this week again.........