LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

When was the last time you didn't surf? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    October 11th. All day waist high... fun... Teaching and coaching have kept me landlocked. I'm drying out!!!! ^^And drug tested...^^
    Won't get a chance to be in the water again until Nov. 15th.
    CBSCREWBY, that sucks man. "there's always more waves coming"

This got me thinking about when the last time I didn't surf was; Sept.19-20 was the last time I didn't paddle out. There was a conference that I had to attend and even though I learned a lot, did some great networking with other people in the industry and had a good time; all I did all day was look at the cams and think about the waves I was missing. Scripp's was only 10 minutes away and I had a board in my car; but the sun didn't oblige.

So what's keeping you from paddling out? Holes in the wetsuite? No dedicated surf vehicle? Sand in your booty? Lack of stringer in the old backbone?

No waves?

What keeps you from sea's salty embrace?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

So what's keeping you from paddling out? Holes in the wetsuite? No dedicated surf vehicle? Sand in your booty? Lack of stringer in the old backbone?

What keeps you from sea's salty embrace?
    Dude, for me, it's really been all that god dang sand in my truck. The insolence! So I'mnot going to the beach untill i get that dedicated rig.

No, but really, I missed my spot going off on 10/19 the Gonzo swell. Was at a wedding the night before, we definitely raged, and I just couldn't make it happen. Plus I didn't wanna leave the Phin, and i had to mow/turd patrol my back yard. Still stings.

Lately, it has been a regular occurrence, work, gf, and drinking habits have all been dominating my time.

Better question would be last time I surfed which would be Gonz I think.

Work sometimes keeps me from the salty embrace.

But lately it's been the howling wolf of the N or S winds turning decent swell into slop. That, or its second inbred cousin by fornication aka flat.

i tend to skip surfing when a little swell shows up on a weekend. its just too crowded. but i'll go if its thumping.

Dudes my jeep engine cuts off/loos of power at highway speeds this AM! This might keep me out of the water! Any of you jeep dudes got advice?

I haven't paddled out the last few days because I just got back from a week vacation and had to get back to work, but looks like i'm getting a hotel for the coming weekend so I'll be back in the water Friday afternoon

I went to look at it yesterday and it was not quite waste hi, so I went and took a a nap with my dog

been 8 weeks. Knee surgery. Rehab program starts Monday. Hoping to get in by Thanksgiving. It hasn't stopped me from going and sitting in my car or beach chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    been 8 weeks. Knee surgery. Rehab program starts Monday. Hoping to get in by Thanksgiving. It hasn't stopped me from going and sitting in my car or beach chair.
    That sux man, get better soon, be back in the water by Turkey Day is a great goal, and you know there is almost always a swell on Turkey Day or round abouts.