LOGIN | REGISTER

How was your last surf?

How was your last surf? Mine was great. Yesterday evening it was breaking 2-3', with about 8k on-shore winds. Pretty clean faces. I was out for about an hour on the reef and stopped counting after about my 10th wave. Rode a 9'2" my father-in-law shaped me for Xmas. Overcast skies (May Gray, thanks Coastal Eddy), too overcast to see the sunset; but the water is warm enough for a spring suit, maybe board shorts this weekend. See you on the line-up this afternoon.

"The act of the ride is the epitome of 'be here now' and the tube ride is the most acute form of that." - Dr. Leary

I was out yesterday and I had a blast. About 3 of us out there super clean an just fun rides the whole time I was out there. Would of stayed even longer if I wasn't going to the sixers.

dawn patrol session excellent. evening session big but totally blown out... blah.

last weekend, half moon bay. Ive been surfing the best I have in years. Good feeling.
    Come back, find out I'm being evicted. I think there is a direct correlation between how well I'm surfnig and how ****ty my life hsa been as of late.

Surfed yesterday chest high offshore wind about 10knots, hollow, long faces, plenty of lip to crack, and they last so long your legs hurt. Headed back to the same spot today!

Love the feeling of wet cold wetsuit yummmmm

Sunset session

Long day of meetings and not enough crunching. Got out at 6:15, stayed out on the reef 'till the sun went down. 2-3', with the occasional 5-6' set. Really occasionally. 4 knot winds blowing out of the W. Swell coming out of the SW. Saw a single dolphin just inside the kelp bed right as the sun was setting. Morning sesh tomorrow, WOOP WOOP Saturday. Maybe get up early and beat the Trestles crowd, prolly just surf the reef. Love the reef.

"The act of the ride is the epitome of 'be here now' and the tube ride is the most acute form of that." Dr. Leary

8. Last session was on 5/10 ... surfed north end OCNJ ... surfed one of the not so crowded jetties and got some sick rights! Was riding my 5'6 Pod and was having a blast ...some barrels ... got one and popped out right near my buddy, so he got a sick view of my green room time! Got snaked on the biggest wave of the day by some pasty ginger kook, he dropped in on my buddy the wave before then snaked the hell out of me ... was going to yell at him but he was a ***** and paddled in for a half hour after he committed the crime!

Anyone that surfs OCNJ knows that dropping in on people is just par for the course

All in all, one of the better sessions in a while until I tweaked my back on a closeout barrel ... Bring on some more surf!!

Surfed Saturday morning for 2 hours, Sunday morning for an hour and then 2 more hours again on Sunday afternoon.

Saturday and Sunday were both pretty much the same 1-3' mush with an occaisonal 5-6' footer coming out of the SW. Water temps in the low 60's airtemps, high 60's. Overcast in the morning on Saturday, overcast all day on Sunday. Winds in the 1-5k range both mornings. Sunday afternoon, they started kicking up around 11am. I paddled out about 3:30pm into 15k winds blowing out of the NW. Surf looked all torn up, but hey after cooking for my in-laws and my family in honor of Mother's Day, I needed to paddle off some calories. Had the whole reef to myself for 2 half hour chunks. Every 10 minutes or so a good head high set would crumble in and offer a really good ride. Nasty waves, nasty wind, no sun; one of the best surfs I've had in the last 2 weeks. 2 and a half hours of just great rides. Go figure.

"The act of the ride is the epitome of 'be here now' and the tube ride is the most acute form of that." Dr. Leary

Man surfline and swellinfo were both way wrong on the forecast. Swell had it closer by a foot, but they were callin 3-4+ and it was solid overhead. Was going to grab the 9'2", but drove by Ponto on the way home from work and it was closed out. Grabbed my 7'6 swallow tail instead. Went to the reef and it was breaking 350-400 yds out. Little walled up, but still fun just drop in quick. Wind at 6-8k, water temp low 60's; sported my trunks for the first time since last October. Good stuff