LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    a few swells back like 3 guys kept sitting right where i was or right where id go on take off...so im either yelling "yo" since i would be deeper and up sooner...or i would let the wave go without me when they were sitting behind. yelling yo resulted in one of them telling me not to be so agro...i told him im as mellow as it gets and just look if someones already up before you go...he ended up moving somewhere else. after letting a few waves go and these clowns not responding to me def looking pissed i stopped letting waves go... i paddled for the waves that were coming and would just stare them down...they got my point and all moved. another day i was paddling back out after a ride and a longboarder who was paddling by bails off his log as a wave comes...i duckdive and his board missed me...as soon as i saw him i told him as nicely as i could that if he ever bailed like that again around me the conversation wouldn't be so polite...he was shocked. my point is people don't know and if they do they def don't give a **** about common sense in the water.

stuff like that happens everyday,everywhere on the planet.people need to learn to keep their cool.you never know who those kooks are lol,what they are capable of.but there is a difference between a beginner and an a-hole.surf etiquette,the one closest to the curl has priority.theres guys that think they are the sh=t and try snaking everyone,then the groms team up and beat the poop out of him.just saying the ocean is a dangerous place,the last thing you want is to get your lights knocked out in overhead surf and drown.its happened to me and iv done it to others,i am not a tough guy or anything like that im a peaceful hippie from an urban area far from the beach,especially when those guys been drinking and they start fights with anyone.be smart.like iv been taught by so many(prisoners,pro surfers,friends)its better to walk away.you throw a punch,next thing u know ,u have a knife in your gut.just sayin.i quit skating because i was tired of fighting rollerbladers,bmxers,and other skaters.walk away or pay with your life one day

and trust me,i know the kind of people you talk about.BUOYS!!nj has a lot of them and i quite dont understand.they are a-holes but its better to bite your tung and walk away.had a situation like that happened to me at work today,and i wanted to go off,but kept my cool and kept working.i hate when ppl who have no fkn clue try to tell you how to do your job,whether business or in the surf.

Check your 6!

It seems like everytime I paddle back into the line-up, I always end up wondering, how hard is it to look behind you before you take off? Seriously, look left, look right, look behind you then take off. Haven't had a clown try to kill me in a couple of years, but summer of '04, taking off on a steep right, I was low and some kook on a long board dropped right on me surfing at Crystal Pier, I didn't have time to bail, so he smacked me hard on the right side of my rib cage. For the rest of the summer, it felt like I was surfing on cracked ribs. Hurt to breathe for two weeks, definitely hurt to paddle on 'em.

How about skill recommendations with the surf forecast/break cams. It would be like the ski resorts (green circle, black diamond, etc). It could help with the beginners at least

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    How about skill recommendations with the surf forecast/break cams. It would be like the ski resorts (green circle, black diamond, etc). It could help with the beginners at least

how about this:

no one needs help.i got a board,stayed away from everyone,and learned how by paddling out and dropping in.if you want to do it,you'll make the effort.i knew enough to never go near anyone when i was a beginner.common sense.looking for a quicker way,wanting someone to hold your hand and explain everything when you don't know how is not how it works when everything is split-second the entire time from the moment you hit the water.paddle out and pay your dues and shut up.bunch of babies on this forum for years,now.

Haha, keeping them away from the better breaks I mean but tuche

I've been surfing for 25 years, been all around the world, you can trust me that I am right, jesus its common sense - if while riding a wave you lack the ability to avoid someone who is either stationary or paddling for the lip, then you're the kook and you deserve to have your wave ruined

Images
    everyone complains about bennies....they always come in the summer and they cause issues, everyone knows this. stop complaining about the obvious. if you want to make a difference in a benny's life, bradshaw his board..just take a bite out of that **** like it's a big mac and teach that benjamin a lesson.

or just stfu

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I've been surfing for 25 years, been all around the world, you can trust me that I am right, jesus its common sense - if while riding a wave you lack the ability to avoid someone who is either stationary or paddling for the lip, then you're the kook and you deserve to have your wave ruined
    you. are. wrong.

mentioning your experience just makes you look like a fool.