LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    you. are. wrong.

mentioning your experience just makes you look like a fool.
    I agree with nj, I do not trust your judgement dave

let me clarify - if you are up on a wave, you have the right-of-way, but as per the most basic of water rules, even if you have right-of-way, it is your responsibility to avoid any collision, once it becomes apparent that the prone paddler is not giving way for whatever reason.

Images
    how about yelling my wave loudly as you take off

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    how about yelling my wave loudly as you take off
    you would do this when someone is paddling from the shoulder for a wave you're riding but not @ someone who is paddling out.

I'll say this: next time you're up and riding and someone is paddling out and can't get to the shoulder or the whitewater you just run them right over and maime them. Then when you are in court as a witness in your defense in a civil trial go ahead and explain to the judge and jury and personal injury attorney how it was the victim's responsibilty to get out of your way and they didn't so you ran them over and injured them.
    Last edited by Bronze Whaler; May 18, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Then when you are in court as a witness in your defense in a civil trial go ahead and explain to the judge and jury and personal injury attorney how it was the victim's responsibilty to get out of your way and they didn't so you ran them over and injured them.
    This is why most lawyers need to be assassinated.

Hey.....my father and brother are both lawyers, but I often agree with you.....too funny

I think this can summed up fairly easily.... when the surfer up and riding realizes that the person stuck inside either cant' or won't get out of the way, the aforementioned surfer now must make the move to avoid the collision.

this one time at band camp.... lol, I was actually stuck inside with about 4 other guys and a random outside big wave came in. One guy out there and he gets it. but the inside is littered with the rest of us and there was no way to go. the guy up and riding had to bail off his wave to avoid us. He then called me an azzhole... and you know what... I would have said the same thing.
    so... end result... sucks your wave and board got f'd up.. but you bear responsibility too in this case you described.

6 pages of etiquette debate after a guy posts this:

"i didnt see him because my back was turned but my friend told me this guy just stood there watching me come right at him until we hit each other."

Really?

You guys are debating whether or not it was his responsibility to take evasive action, when he starts off by saying he wasn't even watching where he was going?
    Last edited by scotty; May 18, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    that's not true at all...the rider has the right of way. people who think you like you are part of the problem!
    Totally agree along with "the surfer closest to the peak has the right of way on the wave". People who question this ARE part of the problem. If I'm on a wave and somebody freezes in front of me of course I will do every thing to avoid them. Sometimes I wish they would stay still because Ive had times where I will turn hard and at the same time they will move in that same direction. My pet pev is the dude who paddles out and sits 10 feet in front of you. WTF - REALLY? - gotta wonder what planet they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    You guys are debating whether or not it was his responsibility to take evasive action, when he starts off by saying he wasn't even watching where he was going?
    No I waited three days to see if anyone would point out that you're responsible to avoid riding into or over anybody- which would require watching where you're going.

Maybe the OP was noseriding that two foot wave backwards