LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

A true Violation

Shoobie paddles out on top of me and an older longboarder last Friday after first paddling out in trunks then realizing the water's cold and going back in to put a suit on. Then, the first words out of his mouth... "So, how much did you guys pay for your houses down here?" My retort? "17 million" as I paddled for my last wave of the day (thank god, I couldn't have listened to his rich-guy drivel). I don't think the older local heard me... wish he did... I was so proud. Not so much disrespect to me or the other guy's privacy, but the disrespect of the sanctity of the line-up is what pissed me off. Most of the time, I will try to help someone out who is clueless out there, but I just didn't have the patience to explain to this clown and his red softtop... argh. Is it October yet? I also saw some clowns stealing (at least) ten buckets of sand from a dune and called the police on them. I hope they got nailed. A man in his 50's and a woman in her late 60's/early 70's. Sorry, rant over, but please, if you don't live there and you go there to enjoy... by all means enjoy, but be respectful... of locals, of the environment, etc...

Images
    Somebody actually named their kid "Biff," go figure. . .

You called the police on some elderly people for taking sand off the beach??

Just curious, but to the original poster, what do you mean by "sanctity of the line-up"? Been surfing for years, and besides not paddling out and not waiting your turn, snaking others, dropping onto someone else's wave, or just totally disregarding the guys who were there before you got there (which is all just basic surf etiquette, n'est c'est pas) and camping out in the choice take off spots, what else is there? Might be my confusion, but based on your post, it almost sounds like you objected to the guy starting a conversation (admittedly the subject matter was in poor taste). Surely, I misunderstood. Again, just curious never thought there were any rules against making a racket out there. The way me and some of the crew I surf with hoot and holler, you'd think we were a pack of sea lions after the same fish.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; May 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM.

Images

Cool

Maybe he just bought a house for 50k and wanted to share the stoke

Images
    I filled my kid's sand box up with beach sand. Home depot wanted 5 bucks a bag. I filled two 5 gallon buckets up for about 2 months for free.
    Dont' worry though, I'll put it back when he's done with it!
    Last edited by Masterjasson; May 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Fair points all... except the one about taking sand from the dunes... that's a hefty fine and should be regardless of age. I should have realized that my anecdotal story wasn't going to translate. I hear you about starting conversation in the line-up and hooting and hollering... I like that (reminds me of chatting it up on D in hoops sometimes), but I suppose you just had to be there... this guy was seriously talking a bluestreak and honestly paddled right on top of the other guy - within two feet and just started blabbering... there's appropriate and inappropriate in approaching strangers and this guy was the latter. If you'd been there, you'd seen what I meant.

Maybe he did just get a house for 50k and was stoked... but I doubt it...nice to think that though.

Like I said before... sorry for the rant. Next time I'll be a little clearer.

We called it "The Place to Be"

Hey man,
    This is the place for it. We're all kindred spirits, hope your next surf is good. Thanks for clearing that up, I kind of thought I knew what you meant by "sanctity of the line-up".

I repeat... they were taking sand from the DUNES... Dunes that require tax dollars to maintain and protect homes from water surges and help stabilize the environment. If they weren't so lazy and had walked the extra 15 yards past the dunes to the beach? It'd be a different story.

Images
    Jesus christ. Smoke another one why dont you... haha