LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

magicseaweed making improvements?

I know we all love swellinfo, but I was just wondering if anyone still looks at magicseaweed. For years it would hilariously overcall swells. I don't think they take our nearshore bathymetry into consideration. But lately it's looking more accurate and realistic. Anyone notice?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    And this is hysterical! +1

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    Haha! Our gut instinct is to remove the thread, but we really aren't very tyrranical. Only when we need to be...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I know we all love swellinfo, but I was just wondering if anyone still looks at magicseaweed. For years it would hilariously overcall swells. I don't think they take our nearshore bathymetry into consideration. But lately it's looking more accurate and realistic. Anyone notice?
    i never look at msw bc it really does over hype a swell.

I use it for one thing...
    Go to the photos link and select surfmat as the Tag subject. T.H.O.N.G.S.

So true, they've tamed it down, actually underestimating now. I think they called for 2.5 ft at 7 sec for last thursdays swell and one star.
    44065 was at 3.0 at 8 sec that day and man was it fun.

Images
    -1.......when I saw a picture of a child tagged as "surfmat" I contacted ED (admin) thinking he'd want to know. He replied with "Thanks for the concerned email but I am a little confused about what is offensive within the "surfmat" semantics? Why is 'surfmat' any more offensive than 'rug rat' or 'grommit' (which i don't think are offensive)? I really cannot see any sexual connotations to it....Cheers, Ed"

He's either sick or an arshole....maybe both.

That's the day I dumped MSW forever....and that's how I ended up find swellinfo.

MSW sucks dude..

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I agree. MagicSW has actually been somewhat reliable as opposed to the crap that it used to forecast.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think swell-info is more focused on the mid-atlantic / North East region. This is why I prefer it and think it is the most accurate for this area where as MSW is better at west coast/HI.