LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by austinj215 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think swell-info is more focused on the mid-atlantic / North East region. This is why I prefer it and think it is the most accurate for this area where as MSW is better at west coast/HI.
    OK. You're wrong. MSW really does suck. I've used them before multiple trips to California (San Diego, Orange Co., Nor Cal) They have proven less accurate than this site each time.

I always heard MSW was based out of Europe. I think Surfline is definately not focusing much of it's efforts on the east coast & you need to look a little deeper into their maps where as on swellinfo it's "laid out like that"

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    OK. You're wrong. MSW really does suck. I've used them before multiple trips to California (San Diego, Orange Co., Nor Cal) They have proven less accurate than this site each time.
    Well thanks for the correction! MSW was what I used when I lived in San Diego since it broke it down by specific locations (as well as surfline). SI is a bit limited in SoCal since it lumps a large amount of areas into single spots ie south and north San Diego. I have never surfed northern California so I can't speak to any experience. Swellinfo is awesome though for the northeast. But back to what the OP said; MSW is certainly improving in this area from their once ridiculous forecasts. I remember when they used to have like 20ft long period swells dropping into 1 ft chop and stupid bs like that.

SwellInfo is the pretty much the sex when it comes to our area. Surfline...eh. MSW is for sure a big hit in Europe. I can remember posting on their forums, "WTF is with these forecasts? 15 feet @ 20 seconds in NJ? GET REAL" and a bunch of eurobrahs getting ready to crucify me. Apparently msw is spot on over there.

indeed. In my 1 1/2 years surfing in Ireland I can say its spot on most of the time. Ditto for Portugal. It would be nice to see swellinfo on this side of the Atlantic though.