LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Spring Swell has been better then winter swell so far

Spring has been amazing with swell.. I gotta say winter was cold and not much swell but overall good times

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcchristian12 View Post
    Spring has been amazing with swell.. I gotta say winter was cold and not much swell but overall good times
    just to let you know, most of surf everyday waves pending, therefore we would know this. good post though.

We have had waves only because of surfboard sacrifices and bonfire dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    just to let you know, most of surf everyday waves pending, therefore we would know this. good post though.
    Should he have talked about something most of us don't know about? Maybe something completely unrelated to surfing, like Einstein's theory of relativity. Good reply though.

And these last two swells have been real fun.

could not agree more. some real fun ones. i need sleep.... been up at 5 the past two mornings to surf before work... then going after work. been awesome.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by diewalrus View Post
    Should he have talked about something most of us don't know about? Maybe something completely unrelated to surfing, like Einstein's theory of relativity. Good reply though.

And these last two swells have been real fun.
    e=mc2?

this spring has been better then winter up here, but not great at all... nothing to write home about... except the warmer temps... and maybe the fishing...

My experience has been that March and April are typically better than January and Feburary. At least on the Delmarva.

The storm track in January and February is so far south that we get weeks of NW winds and flat conditions. With the occasional northeaster.

March and April the storm track move further north (over top of us) so we get the onshore/offshore/onshore/offshore patterns that produce more consistent waves.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcchristian12 View Post
    2 thoughts:

It was a warm winter. No?

and

Spring is usually better than winter. The changing of the seasons bring storms.

four straight weeks of a handful of surfable days from really good to just fun-noticeably the best run in a couple years here.

Images
    The swells we have received this Spring have been good.
    Spring often has waves, but the winds can be really dicey in the Spring time and there are usually more nor'easter type setups.

Lets hope we get a couple more good swells before summer time weakness sets in.