LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Is it???

Hybrid View

1. Thumbs down Why Is it???

Why is it that when there is a new guy learning no one in the line up saids anything to help them learn? Ive notice this all around the east coast obx south nc all over in nj. Its like everybody is to cocky to help isnt surfing peaceful and relaxing and brotherhood. Why does this happen?

Images
    Did you offer to help with some advice?
    Be a leader...

3. yes of course i always help new guys no matter what. even if i been waiting for a set to come in. ill will most likely give them the wave.. we surfers should always help one another always... wipe outs new guys gear anything brotherhood in general

Quote Originally Posted by usmcchristian12 View Post
    yes of course i always help new guys no matter what. even if i been waiting for a set to come in. ill will most likely give them the wave.. we surfers should always help one another always... wipe outs new guys gear anything brotherhood in general
    Give me a break, nothing more annoying than a group of christian surfers...let us be for gods sake!

I think the mentality is that waves are a limited resource- if you don't help the weak many of them will quit and that equals more waves. Of course there's also the old "nobody helped me & I gained an ovewhelming sense of satisfaction by sticking to it" logic. It's a dog eat dog & very cliquey activity.

Everyone these days is a "local or a pro". go out be respectful. stick to it. and if someone says something tell em to fu** off. kind of sick of the people in the water these days

7. Quote Originally Posted by ocsurf21 View Post
    Everyone these days is a "local or a pro". go out be respectful. stick to it. and if someone says something tell em to fu** off. kind of sick of the people in the water these days
    very true local or pro thats what they all think

Because surfing is an extremely selfish sport. Period.

Images
    Beginners are cool.. its the agro's that create problems

Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    Beginners are cool.. its the agro's that create problems
    Negative! Beginners create the problem (being in the way, dropping in, etc), Agro's escalate the problems because they are "pro's". Surfing is not cool, people need to stop thinking its so cool. Take up badmitten or something.......