LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why Is it???

Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    it doesn't give you the right to act like a dbag and snake people or drop in on them just because they're not as good as you.
    who said it did?

Cry me a river

Images
    Uh, I'm not cocky and I don't help anyone (unless they're drowning or something).

Why is it that some people always feel the need to intervene in other peoples' lives, for better or worse??

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Uh, I'm not cocky and I don't help anyone (unless they're drowning or something).

Why is it that some people always feel the need to intervene in other peoples' lives, for better or worse??
    Although I see your point, I don't really think that applies to helping a beginner surfer with much significance. It's not like I'm trying to change their mindset about a relationship they're in or persuade them to switch political parties. It's just a little constructive criticism. I always try to help at least a little. We all started somewhere right? And perhaps for some of you, myself included, if it weren't for that one person who helped you out or gave you some encouragement, then you wouldn't be where you are today.

Hey man, can you spare some wax?

Quote Originally Posted by usmcchristian12 View Post
    yes of course i always help new guys no matter what. even if i been waiting for a set to come in. ill will most likely give them the wave.. we surfers should always help one another always... wipe outs new guys gear anything brotherhood in general
    Give me a break, nothing more annoying than a group of christian surfers...let us be for gods sake!

Yeah that's a little much. I said I would give em a little advice but I'm not going to hold their hands.
    Last edited by surfbum21; Jun 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    in my 25 years of surfing, I've had waay more problems, mostly being dropped in on, but overly aggro exerienced surfers than beginners. I can't remember the last time a beginner got in my way. I've been dropped in on twice in the past week by guys who either weren't looking or didn't care.
    Totally agree.If you can surf 9 out of 10 times you can surf around them.Most of the time if your out there with a newbie your going to get most of the waves.Id rather be out there with a newb then someone thats aggro.Im not crazy about alot of paddleboarders thou.
    Last edited by GoodVibes; Jun 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM.

Images
    I feel like Andy Rooney started this thread. Oh wait, he's dead.

My two cents:

I am a pretty bad surfer, but I enjoy being in the water. They guys I am usually out with are nothing but nice and have and continue to be helpful to me.

Of course, I took the time to get to know them outside the water, and I am very mindful of my skill level and try my best to stay out of their way in the lineup.

The friendships I have made are all a part of my surfing experience.