LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trunks?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    trunks? my dad wears trunks. never see them in the lineup, only on tourons in the shorebreak. see lots of people surfing in baggies these days, however - water's in the 70's here
    lol..tourons

Water is still in the 60's I'll stick with my hot pink 3/2.

Not till June

Been in 3/2 here in New Hampshire. Water about 50. Once it hits 60, the trunks are out.

Saw some guys trunking it in Monmouth County on Saturday. Didn't look too comfortable. 3/2 w/ no boots or gloves was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    3/2 w/ no boots or gloves was fine.
    I'm keeping the boots on for another week or so... 'cause I'm I candy a$$.

Images

keepin the plums warm...

still in my warm rubber. water inched up to low 60's for a day or two but dropped to high 50s again last week. surrounded by dolphins riding waves and porpoising back out to the outside set. saw a pastey fat guy from minnesota or some other hellacious landlocked icebox out there spongin in his boardies. looked cold. meanwhile, some girl claims a 12 ft shark took a chunk outa her yellow paddleboard off of catalina a week or so back.

Just got my daughters' 3/2s, but didn't buy the boots and gloves for them. They were busting my stones when I grabbed the boots so I went bootless. I hate peer pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I'm keeping the boots on for another week or so... 'cause I'm I candy a$$.

I seen a couple guys and girls trunkin it in vb. Definatley borderline for sure. I was a little toasty in my 3/2. Proly go with 2mil tom. If i go.
    Last edited by matt757surf; May 22, 2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: didnt check grammer haha

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i few weeks back i saw a guy in trunks, boots, & gloves...the boots & gloves appeared to be held on w/ duct tape.
    Outstanding!

I'm in a 1 mil top in VB with trunks. Yesterday felt great once I paddled around for a minute. It was a little chilly last week though.