Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trunks?

Water is still in the 60's I'll stick with my hot pink 3/2.

Not till June

Been in 3/2 here in New Hampshire. Water about 50. Once it hits 60, the trunks are out.

Saw some guys trunking it in Monmouth County on Saturday. Didn't look too comfortable. 3/2 w/ no boots or gloves was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    3/2 w/ no boots or gloves was fine.
    I'm keeping the boots on for another week or so... 'cause I'm I candy a$$.

Images

keepin the plums warm...

still in my warm rubber. water inched up to low 60's for a day or two but dropped to high 50s again last week. surrounded by dolphins riding waves and porpoising back out to the outside set. saw a pastey fat guy from minnesota or some other hellacious landlocked icebox out there spongin in his boardies. looked cold. meanwhile, some girl claims a 12 ft shark took a chunk outa her yellow paddleboard off of catalina a week or so back.

Just got my daughters' 3/2s, but didn't buy the boots and gloves for them. They were busting my stones when I grabbed the boots so I went bootless. I hate peer pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I'm keeping the boots on for another week or so... 'cause I'm I candy a$$.

I seen a couple guys and girls trunkin it in vb. Definatley borderline for sure. I was a little toasty in my 3/2. Proly go with 2mil tom. If i go.
    Last edited by matt757surf; May 22, 2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: didnt check grammer haha

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i few weeks back i saw a guy in trunks, boots, & gloves...the boots & gloves appeared to be held on w/ duct tape.
    Outstanding!

I'm in a 1 mil top in VB with trunks. Yesterday felt great once I paddled around for a minute. It was a little chilly last week though.

really soon, on choppy days I like to keep the suit on, it will be coming off soon though