LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Latest into the PM you've surfed?

Went out after getting home from work and surfed 8PM- to about 9:10PM, great little waves wish the light stayed though.

How late have you surfed? any moonlight sessions?

Images
    I've always wanted to do a full moon sesh but it hasn't ever aligned where there were waves, full moon and didn't have anything to do (sleep).

You should retitle this thread What's the stupidest question you've ever asked on the internet

I surfed Venice Pier end of last summer in California from sunset to about 10pm. There was a red tide that came through and lit the water up with a phospherescent glow, illuminating the surface. That combined with the pier lights and the moon made for an unforgettable night session. <br /><br />Looked something like this... <br /><br />[IMG] 300336_677662492207_43605981_35150214_1926703284_n.jpg

Images
    moonlight barrels are fun.

My friend was volunteering at the duck research pier all summer and had the keys to the light box. We ended up night surfing there about once a week. Super fun.

Images
    with the small east coast swell time window, the best waves can often go unridden at night.

A few months ago, I got out about an hour before sunset. The sun went down, the full moon came up... and I just stayed out. Pretty cool.

Other than that, there's a place that has a lighting out over the water where I used to tend bar. I've actually gotten off work as late as midnight, and got in a session in the early AM. Always kinda weird though, and never an exceptional session. But just doing it was fun.

After midnight, we gonna let all hang out.

On a good full moon, past midnight. I've gone out once or twice well after night fall on nights with little light, but surfing by sound is hard.

I hear that lower trestles still packs a crowd overnight when there's a full moon and swell- crazy.