LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

question for you pre-work sessioners

Suns out early this time of year, and I've been getting a couple hours in before work when its decent. I usually leave my board in the car and my suit in a covered tote/bucket. But now its getting warmer and despite leaving my windows cracked open, it smells like hot wax and broiled wetsuit funk in my car every afternoon when I punch out!

I know its not good for your board, and probably not your wetsuit. It's only gonna get hotter.

Any suggestions for me? Preferably not of the smart-ass variety?

Images
    I'm usually the opposite, have my gear in the car all day and go for a post work session. I usually keep an old beater around to leave in the car on the hot days so I don't have to worry about damaging one of my good boards. Best advice I have is try and park in the shade, crack the windows, and maybe get a couple of those reflective things for your windows to keep some of the heat out. It's going to get hot in there regardless, but you can try a few things to make it better.

throw it in the bag

Buy a truck with an extended bed and a lockable cap/cover

how about lay the wetsuit flat across your board to keep it cool and dry better?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harhar View Post
    Buy a truck with an extended bed and a lockable cap/cover
    this is the way to go- you can just put everything back here and not worry- wet suits dry and it does not get that hot. I have a tonneau cover- i just keep my gear and a board in the back all the time. lock it up- no worries...
    If you can't get a truck... get a board bag- a 'day' bag with the reflective silver side up...

My new car is tiny so my boards don't fit. I got some lockable roof racks straps and I leave it in a plain looking bag. Those straps are legit, I feel pretty good about them. They have a braided steal / kriptonite (lol yeah...) wire going through the center of the strap. I forgot the combo once and tried to cheat it, not happening.

Wetsuit funk... Lay that junk flat on your back seat or the floor of the car, but make sure it's not in direct sunlight. You don't want it to mold if its damp and dark, but it can get "cooked" and dry-rot pretty quickly in the sunlight through a window. Often times I will just ball it up and throw it in the board bag. I mean, that's why I don't buy sh*t like Patagonia and Matuse.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    My new car is tiny so my boards don't fit. I got some lockable roof racks straps and I leave it in a plain looking bag. Those straps are legit, I feel pretty good about them. They have a braided steal / kriptonite (lol yeah...) wire going through the center of the strap. I forgot the combo once and tried to cheat it, not happening.

Wetsuit funk... Lay that junk flat on your back seat or the floor of the car, but make sure it's not in direct sunlight. You don't want it to mold if its damp and dark, but it can get "cooked" and dry-rot pretty quickly in the sunlight through a window. Often times I will just ball it up and throw it in the board bag. I mean, that's why I don't buy sh*t like Patagonia and Matuse.
    thats how i treat mine and they have lasted 8 years..

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    What kind of straps are those? I have Yakima racks an "Strap Thangs" on my Lex, but I'd like something I can lock up for the day trips.

Put it in a board bag.