LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Isn't surfing rediculous?

As fun as it may be, it makes absolutely no sense to me. Bottom line, your maneuvering a board in the ocean to avoid "wiping out". I mean I guess it sounds like a cool thing to do every once in a while but why the F*** are we so addicted???

Because we are maneuvering boards in the ocean and avoiding wipe-outs! Come on man!

Ridiculous* (pet peeve)

And if that's all surfing is to you, I think you've missed some of its finer points. Surfings about way more than maneuvering a board.

Images
    Addicted, addicted,addicted....I got a major problem and love every minute of it!!!! Only problem is a I live on the east coast and can't get my fix everyday. Surfing has taken me to the most beautiful and exotic places in the world, I've met some of the coolest people on the planet, eaten some of the best food, and oh yea catchin a wave ain't to bad either. Rehab is for quitters.

Images
    Therapy. Its just one of those ways that we humans have found that lets us truly be in harmony with the earth and the forces around it and that move it. Its simple to see how it could be addictive..It makes us happy. Who isn't for that?..oh yeah, inspiration too.

Images
    We are harnessing energy sent through the universe...

Quote Originally Posted by swellinfo View Post
    we are harnessing energy sent through the universe...
    ^^^^absolutely swellinfo!

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    We are harnessing energy sent through the universe...
    Now pass the blunt.

I think if you're just trying "to avoid wiping out" you are taking the wrong approach entirely

Images
    maybe next time your out try to close your eyes, feel the energy... feel the waves, understand that once you enter the ocean it is no longer home.. it is no longer safe.. the ocean is the only place on earth where man i not top of the food chain. it is about the feeling of being lost.. forgetting about everything and let the ocean taking you over... today and wed i was out with my best friends and their is nothing better than sharing waves hooting and hollering. and enjoying the beauty of this world. never take it for granted because you never know when you won't get it again.