LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Why do some short boarders insist on not wearing a leash?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • They have an acute need to show everyone they are the best surfers ever to grace the beach

13 41.94%
  • According to them, they NEVER EVER EVER lose their board

8 25.81%
  • They are self-important narcissistic phvktards

9 29.03%
  • Gruvi doesn't wear a leash, so why should they?

5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Leashes

If I said anything I would say: " This probably isn't the best place to be swimming" ... and paddle back out .

The current would take care of the rest .

Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    If I said anything I would say: " This probably isn't the best place to be swimming" ... and paddle back out .
    my point exactly

Well of course if it's clearly marked as a surf zone ... (which we don't have )... Then again ,even if it was a free for all I would still do everything possible to avoid little Spongebob...I hope the "you're in MY way so if you get ran over it's your own damned fault" attitude posted by some members is just internet tough talk.
    Last edited by Henny; May 23, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    What'chu talkin' bout willis? How does riding a shortboard have anything to do with the size of my 8===>?

It's the balls that count in surfing.
    Yes, yes, I agree.....I refer to the this being more of a cock fight than conversation.

And......

72992_336760416378626_198871740167495_810068_1415249161_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wave1rider65 View Post
    I dont care what kind of conditions you are riding in you will eventually loose a board......If you say you never have you're just fooling yourself and lying to everyone else.......Usually when one compliments themselves on how much (skill) they have there is usually a significant lack of.......
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Isn't comparing not wearing a leash to not wearing a seat belt an incongruous argument? You don't wear a seatbelt, then in the event of an accident you're unlikely to injure anyone other than yourself. I think a lot of the arguments here revolve around the idea that you dont' wear a leash, you're putting others at risk.

Of course, that kind of glosses over that fact that surfing is a dangerous activity with an implied and inherent risk. Does one have a moral responsibility to limit that risk to oneself? Others? Or does the inherent risk absolve of us as individuals from attempting to minimize it? Sounds like one of them personal moral dilemmas to me. That is until people start legislating that we all have to surf with leashes and helmets and personal flotation devices and gps trackers, personal liability insurance and have to pee in a cup to get our Surf Licenses. "You have 3 points on your surf license until suspension, have a nice day."
    Au contraire, one of the greatest risks of not wearing a seatbelt is injuring other passengers in the vehicle (ocean if you will I'm going to continue the comparison). Look it up. When an unbelted person gets in a crash where others are belted, the others are usually seriously injured, if not killed by the unbelted person. I watched some terrible videos of this in high school.