LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Why do some short boarders insist on not wearing a leash?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • They have an acute need to show everyone they are the best surfers ever to grace the beach

13 41.94%
  • According to them, they NEVER EVER EVER lose their board

8 25.81%
  • They are self-important narcissistic phvktards

9 29.03%
  • Gruvi doesn't wear a leash, so why should they?

5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leashes

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wave1rider65 View Post
    As for Mexsurfer who said he doesnt wear one in small surf because he could feel the drag...........sure you do.......Come On Man!!!
    yea when its like knee high **** face. im not talking small as in chest high

Images
    When i started surfing, back in the late 60's we didnt have a thing called a leash, so what we did was hang on to your board if you wiped out. Somebody did say that it improves your surfing in a eairlier post, i must agree, it does improve your surfing abilities or your swimming abilities...you choose...lol

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    When i started surfing, back in the late 60's we didnt have a thing called a leash, so what we did was hang on to your board if you wiped out. Somebody did say that it improves your surfing in a eairlier post, i must agree, it does improve your surfing abilities or your swimming abilities...you choose...lol
    the first airplane pilots also flew WITHOUT parachutes... now they fly with parachutes. Not using a leash makes you and your surfboard a hazzard.
    During the summer time where I surf, most surfers will let the leashless people hear about it as the potential to screw it up for everyone else is there if a board goes rumbling toward the shoreline with unsuspecting swimmers in its path. Its a pretty delicate situation between the surfers and the city lifeguards....

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    the first airplane pilots also flew WITHOUT parachutes... now they fly with parachutes. Not using a leash makes you and your surfboard a hazzard.
    During the summer time where I surf, most surfers will let the leashless people hear about it as the potential to screw it up for everyone else is there if a board goes rumbling toward the shoreline with unsuspecting swimmers in its path. Its a pretty delicate situation between the surfers and the city lifeguards....
    Precisely what has happened in WB. You can surf in WB without a leash if you want to pay an enormous fine, go to court, pay a lawyer, etc, etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Precisely what has happened in WB. You can surf in WB without a leash if you want to pay an enormous fine, go to court, pay a lawyer, etc, etc.....
    and rightly so. the more I think about this topic the more I think anyone that goes out surfing (minus pro's... slightly) are complete and utter morons. so just know this... if I see you out without a leash, I will be thinking that you are a complete and utter moron and so will everyone else.

and rightly so. the more I think about this topic the more I think anyone that goes out surfing (minus pro's... slightly) are complete and utter morons. so just know this... if I see you out without a leash, I will be thinking that you are a complete and utter moron and so will everyone else.
    So I've gotta ask who poses more of a hazard? The person that tosses his board aside because he can't duckdive a head high wave and continually gets in the way of other peoples lines or the person w/o a leash who maintains positive control of their board 90% of the time? I've been in both situations in the last 6 months and I'm way more likely to paddle away from the guy who has no etiquite than a guy who surfs conservatively and rarely looses his board.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    So I've gotta ask who poses more of a hazard? The person that tosses his board aside because he can't duckdive a head high wave and continually gets in the way of other peoples lines or the person w/o a leash who maintains positive control of their board 90% of the time? I've been in both situations in the last 6 months and I'm way more likely to paddle away from the guy who has no etiquite than a guy who surfs conservatively and rarely looses his board.
    +1 he got it

Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    I think you know the answer to that. A loose board poses more of a threat then a leashed board.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    no, if you want to keep others from danger, you need to maintain control of your board at all times. that doesn't necessarily require the wearing of a leash. it does, however, require skill
    I dont care what kind of conditions you are riding in you will eventually loose a board......If you say you never have you're just fooling yourself and lying to everyone else.......Usually when one compliments themselves on how much (skill) they have there is usually a significant lack of.......

Images
    Exactly..........