LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what is the best place to take a surf trip on east coast

I was just wondering what the best place to take a surf trip on the east coast because my family is planning one. Can i have advice on that price location and what the surf is like thanks!!!

Images
    well it depends on where you're located now, how you decide to travel, and where you wanna go. need that info before anybody can help you out man. also, search the forum for previous posts. may help you out.

Nova Scotia, it has lots of point breaks like Rincon, quite cold though...

Buxton in Cape Hatteras,North Carolina has the most consistent surfable days.

What time of year? Driving or flying?

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    Buxton in Cape Hatteras,North Carolina
    this is the correct answer

After driving this entire coast from key west to nova scota, this is what you want:

1. Hatteras, NC

2. Central FL (swell permitting). IF you know there will be swell in south FL, GO!!

3. Nova Scota (early fall)
    Last edited by leethestud; May 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM.

if you want consistent surf then typhoon lagoon is your answer. Just do a drive thru style trip of the east coast. It's around 25 hrs from ny to fl. just stop along the way and hit up spots that the forecast looks favorable for. You'll find some hidden gems (especially if you have a boat)

Hatteras, NC

Quote Originally Posted by delsurf73 View Post
    I was just wondering what the best place to take a surf trip on the east coast because my family is planning one. Can i have advice on that price location and what the surf is like thanks!!!
    Outer Banks...that was easy