LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the advice that Nova Scotia trip sounds fun!!!! How cold is the water up there in the fall????

It can be cold... or warm. It can literally change from day to day... 3/2 one day, trunks the next. Average in October is in the 50s I'd say.

I'd love to hit up Nova Scotia, gorgeous coast line and point breaks!

Yea I'd say OBX, I love it at S-turns. I try to make it there once a year, you can camp out or rent a beach house.

Not to sound negative but its so hit or miss on the east coast, I would just focus on enjoying tim with the fam.

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyutah View Post
    I'd love to hit up Nova Scotia, gorgeous coast line and point breaks!
    If this has entered into the realm fancy, I'd like to summer in Portugal. Port, seafood and the Portugeuse; an urbane sea loving people. Anything but August would be too cold for me. 'prolly need a 4/3 then. Djou can take d'boy outch d'bayou, but yu kan take d'bayou out d'boy. That's on the East Coast, right?

Images
    New Smyrna Beach.....for some reason they seem to always have something.....when all else is flat they get 2 feet.....when other places are waist high, they are head high. O' it's sharky, but warm and fun.

PS AVOID spring break.

PSS Maybe not with the fam, but you can surf nude just south of NSB at Playa Linda Beach.

the entire coast from south fl to long island is homogenous beach break so whatever lines up with the swell best. Further north their can be some pointbreaks (especially NS)

Images
    Outer Banks, NC.

Images
    Central Florida in the winter. New smyrna is so consistent, rippable and inexpensive. Stuart is also consistent, and has some reef/rock bottom just to remind you your no longer in the mid Atlantic. Plus water and air in the 60s when its frigid back home.

Rhode island has the best waves I've ever seen one the east coast (with point breaks) but its expensive and inconsistent.

Cape cod would be a nice choice, OBX as well.