LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ethics

haha as cheesy as it seems its a great sales technique..."this (insert product here) isn't for you" should get you some extra $

Images
    remember when you were a beginner and didn't have a clue what board you should ride?

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyK View Post
    haha as cheesy as it seems its a great sales technique..."this (insert product here) isn't for you" should get you some extra $
    it's called "the take away" often effective but it can blow up in your face

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    remember when you were a beginner and didn't have a clue what board you should ride?
    I feel like everyone has or remembers that first used POS board they bought and thought it was amazing (even though you couldn't ride the thing). Year or so later you look at it saying "What was I thinking"

Rode hand-me-downs until I was in high school so had a pretty good idea what would work for me by the time I actually purchased a board. Do agree with a few others on here; if you're asking the question here, it's bothering you enough to just be honest. If they like the board they are gonna buy it regardless.

I think more than half of people learn the hard way, but hey its only human!

I never really bothered with it. I bought two or three boards when I was a beginner that didn't work for me and I just sold them to other people (and got my money back). I don't think it's wrong to sell someone a board that may not work for them, just don't sell it to them for more money than they can turn around and get for it if it doesn't work out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    it's called "the take away" often effective but it can blow up in your face
    that's why you always have to have a full pipeline

psh, the biggest offenders of this EVER are main stream surf shops. Especially if a fat guy wants to learn, "sell him that hawaiin gun, it'l float him"

Images
    A true measure of your character is how you act/who you are, when no one is watching.