LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    About three and a half hours for me. I try to go at least twice a month. Sometimes more or less depending on other stuff I have going on.

On the regular place I surf, it is just a 20 minute drive coming from my place and I frequent that twice a week.

But there is this newly discovered, or at least a couple of my friends and I, which is a little more than 3 hours in drive and I try to go there at least once in a month.

Like what others would probably be thinking, it is something that would be just right to get to, even with a huge amount of time in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by gdavid View Post
    On the regular place I surf, it is just a 20 minute drive coming from my place and I frequent that twice a week.

But there is this newly discovered, or at least a couple of my friends and I, which is a little more than 3 hours in drive and I try to go there at least once in a month.

Like what others would probably be thinking, it is something that would be just right to get to, even with a huge amount of time in tow.
    Hey gdavid - I see you're from Honduras. Have you ever surfed Cabo Gracias a Dios - the prominent point on the border with Nicaragua? Looks like it might get good out there - but impossible to get to?

Images
    From the house, I'm 3.7 miles to work and 1.3 miles to the ocean. You would think the combination would result in much more time in the water than it does. I'm still lucky as sh!t though.

Images
    I can see the ocean from the top of my house. In the fall and spring half of my 20 minute commute to work is done on the beach when the fish are in. I am spoiled, but life messes with me in other ways to balance it out. I surf every swell that is good, but am liking the dead of winter less and less each year.

5 minute drive 15 minute bike ride uphill on the way home

When I'm not upstate at school during the summer, it's a 5 minute commute by car to Smiths Point. Can't really ask for anything better than that. And I usually get in 4-5 sessions a week, depending on the swell...we all know how that's been lately.

Over the last two years though I've also been solid at surfing here during my winter and thanksgiving break too - kind of making it a tradition with local friends going out on turkey day morning. Can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    My commute in ct is about 2 hours and im lucky to get out more then once a week there. Luckily, I worked my life around the waves and became a waveslave in north carolina in order to surf everyday (i suggest you do the same, wife, kids, job, school all not a big deal if your a true surfer)

Unluckily, wrightsville beach north carolina has real waves once a century so despite my 5 minute commute from the beach and being in the water everyday I'm still surrounded by tourists in boardshorts clogging the lineup (on or off their foamboards)

Im shooting for becoming homeless once i get my degree and finding a nice third-world nation where i can make a cabin on the beach somewhere so my commute will be nonexistent. 5 mins is still too far.
    I like this person

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    My commute in ct is about 2 hours and im lucky to get out more then once a week there. Luckily, I worked my life around the waves and became a waveslave in north carolina in order to surf everyday (i suggest you do the same, wife, kids, job, school all not a big deal if your a true surfer)

Unluckily, wrightsville beach north carolina has real waves once a century so despite my 5 minute commute from the beach and being in the water everyday I'm still surrounded by tourists in boardshorts clogging the lineup (on or off their foamboards)

Im shooting for becoming homeless once i get my degree and finding a nice third-world nation where i can make a cabin on the beach somewhere so my commute will be nonexistent. 5 mins is still too far.
    In all honesty ive had the wife, house in the burbs, school (bach degree in engineering), good job, and none of it even remotely compares to the thrill that surfing gives me. Call me a selfish person, call me an addict, call me whatever you like but give me overhead glass, my 6'3" thruster and I will sleep in my car and eat peanuts for 7 straight days if I have to.

Got a 15-20 minute commute; The number of times I get out each week depends on the season, conditions and work schedule. Usually once or twice a week but haven't been out for about 3 months and probably will not be out for another 2 or 3...stupid shoulder surgery!!!