LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaping a Board

One layer each side with a slight overlap. Long or Short + Fins . Save your scraps .

so with a 30 yard roll, 90 feet, 2 top layer, one bottom, one 6'0 one 5'5 36 feet?

7 yards for a shortboard... 30 yards will get you about 4 boards. That's for standard construction - two layers on the deck, one on the bottom.

4. vbbutton, I don't know if you ran into this yet, but this is a pretty good step by step process of the basics of board building: http://greenlightsurfsupply.com/surf...ing_guide.aspx

Also there are tons of videos on youtube and elsewhere on the web.

I have checked out that site, except i have heard greenlight charges you an arm and a leg. anyone find better prices?

Images
    Surf Source for fabric and Fiberglass florida for resin. Seem to be about the best prices I found. Swaylocks is a great website for research and assistance along the way. Theres plenty of info out there. Good luck!

Google surfboard shaping supplies for more sources. I have been using Greenlight because they are local. I found SurfSource and only used them to obtain parts to modify the exhaust port of my plainer.

SurfSource is awesome! The Fiberglass is way cheaper then Greenlight. What fins are easier/cheaper to instal FCS or Future?

Images
    Hey Vbutton, keep in mind shipping cost my man, really the prices everyone are all around the same. varies between a few bucks here and there total. plus if you ordering from 1 place usually try to stick to one place. shipping will be much cheaper if you stick to one company. if you order a blank from company x and resin from company y thats double shipping now, if you order both in bulk it is one shipping cost usually much cheaper than buying separately.

As far as fcs/futures

futures install kit $205.00+ plus $7.00+ a box 2 part route requires taping box's (pre lam)
    FCS Fusion $75.00 install kit w/o router $7.00+ a box 1 part route comes with box stickers )pre lam)
    FCS X-2 Full installation kit 100+ 3.75+ per plug (2 per fin) many pieces required for correct install (holesaw, borer bit, h-pattern bit, scribe tool, dummy jigs, quick set jigs, ect....)No tape required (Post Lam)
    Probox (fcs compatible) Install kit $41.00 $8.00+ a box single part route/ resin dam system. Requires taping (Post Lam)

Do I have to buy the instal kit or can i just get the fin box and fins?