Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New car thread

Images

New car thread

Anyone bought a new car or truck lately? I already have 4 cars in the driveway (Honda Element, Toyota FJ Cruiser and two Scions, all paid for) but came across the mazda cx3 and fell in love. Test drove one and thought it was awesome. Went home and figured out a price then called them and made an offer. They came back $750 above my offer and I turned it down. A week later they called me back and met my price so I bought it. Mazdas make some beautiful cars, the interior of this one is like a plane cockpit. Unfortunately you cant get the AWD in a manual but the transmission is so smooth and in sport mode with the shifter in the manual position you can pretend its a stick shift, lol. Picture was taken down the street fom my house.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zippy; Apr 28, 2016 at 01:47 PM.

Mazdas are nice, but no, I haven't bought a new car since 1982.
    Inherited my Dad's '97 Ford Taurus wagon. A bit cosmetically worn, but it has only 86K miles. Good roof racks. (Tired of using soft racks) Will make a good surf vehicle.

Images
    Had a tribute, now got a cx5...both great. Cx5 gets 32 hwy & 26-28 city, it's great...but with a 4 yr old, a 5 mnth old & a 1yr old boxer I can feel a Honda Pilot is not too far off...I really don't wann la spend equal to 1/3 my mortgage on a fokin car though

Anyone drive a pilot? Review?

Have an 02 Xterra with 234,000 miles on it, still run great. But, yes, I am starting to look for something. Looks nice Zip

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Mazdas are nice, but no, I haven't bought a new car since 1982.
    Inherited my Dad's '97 Ford Taurus wagon. A bit cosmetically worn, but it has only 86K miles. Good roof racks. (Tired of using soft racks) Will make a good surf vehicle.
    I bought my son a 98 protege with 100k on it his freshman year of college. that was 8 years ago. the thing now has well over 300K on it. Doors welded shut on one side after he got t-boned his junior year, not a panel without a dent, cv joints crackle and pop, puts oil in it when the light comes on... I told him to drive it till the wheels come off and he's taken it as a personal challenge.
    My daughter bought a used Mazda MP5 wagon and she loves it.
    Good vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Anyone bought a new car or truck lately? I already have 4 cars in the driveway (Hoda Element, Toyota FJ Cruiser and two Scions, all paid for) but came across the mazda cx3 and fell in love. Test drove one and thought it was awesome. Went home and figured out a price then called them and made an offer. They came back $750 above my offer and I turned it down. A week later they called me back and met my price so I bought it. Mazdas make some beautiful cars, the interior of this one is like a plane cockpit. Unfortunately you cant get the AWD in a manual but the transmission is so smooth and in sport mode with the shifter in the manual position you can pretend its a stick shift, lol. Picture was taken down the street fom my house.

Why you hoarding cars?

Quote Originally Posted by your pier View Post
    Had a tribute, now got a cx5...both great. Cx5 gets 32 hwy & 26-28 city, it's great...but with a 4 yr old, a 5 mnth old & a 1yr old boxer I can feel a Honda Pilot is not too far off...I really don't wann la spend equal to 1/3 my mortgage on a fokin car though

Anyone drive a pilot? Review?
    we have a 2012 pilot and i love it. we got the touring edition and it's loaded up with a bunch of nice extras. leather, navigation, sunroof, rear controls for temperature and music. wireless headphones, all sorts of storage, plugs and jacks for charging electronics, and it rides great.

i have not really liked the styling on the new models but it may grow on me.

Zippy - props on the FJ. What year?

Images
    That's a nice looking whip. I was looking into those last year but went with a factory custom built jeep. I don't know if I'll ever drive anything but a wrangler again. I love it. It's my first manual too. Don't think I'm ever returning to an auto nowV__1559.jpg

Images
    Why you hoarding cars?
    Not hoarding, the element and the fj are for business. The two scions were my wifes cars. She commutes from Ocean City Md to north Jersey once a week for business so she piles miles on them. One of the scions has 350,000 miles and still runs perfectly. We gave that to my son. If you include our cars and business equipment I have 18 registered vehicles in the state of Maryland.

The fj is a 2007, its my main business truck. Runs great, hate the bad gas mileage though. Thats the main reason I still have the element, when i dont need tow power I drive that to save money.