LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    still some "dribble" running through. Not bad couple of days. Maybe a little more pop here and there, right tides, winds, etc.

MY FIRST EXPOSURE TO HOW SERIOUS SURFING COULD BE WAS A SARCOPHOGUS. when I was 5 and a half years old, we moved from Corpus to Guam. we stayed at a friend of a friend's house. the people who owned this beautiful house had moved away. i asked why, the friend of a friend, said, "did you see the big stone box out front?" "yes" "their son is in there. he died surfing right out front, the house reminded them of him so they moved back to California." the house was on a reef break and the teenager had grown up surfing in Cali. there aren't that many surfers in Guam. when we left Guam, that house was the last place we stayed too. we moved to Cali and that's where i went from catching some waves in the whitewash to BEING a surfer. there really is a difference. some will understand, some will not.
    Hells yeah. Less than a month since I moved and I miss Guam already. Dare ya to show up there and tell someone you're entitled to surf or that everyone's equal or it's all good. Paying dues is the only way (and chances are someone will still fight you if only because you are white). It ain't pretty but that's the way it is. If you get to ride believe me you've earned it in time and blood. Sometimes it sucks but when it works in your favor you appreciate uncrowded waves.
    Last edited by Stranded in Smithfield; May 24, 2012 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    so it seems like about 10 of us on here have the same idea...

and yankee, stfu. you're a waste of internet space.

Blah, blah, blah, I've read your many, many, many, many, many (ad nauseum) posts lil' fish. You're the quintessential jackass with a keyboard & too much time on your hands. You also enjoy bullying via the Net, tool. Get a life. Oh wait, I get it, your life is posting your drivel on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    WeeLee from VA BEE (maybe...?! 'cause he ain't what he claims to be) finally gets outed AND owned in the same set. Just goes to show that anyone who reads the mags & the blather that's online can post 'opinions' like he's th second coming of Andy irons - - but, WeeLee, you've been exposed, finally, as the troll that you be.

What will your keyboard fan club, like Pumpmaster & Epic do without the lil' engineer's spouting off? Come on, kid, go for 2,000 posts. You know it's what you live for.

1001- dude what are you even talking about? Over the BS come surf with me any time if you think I am a kook. Run the Ip, I am 15 minutes from sandbridge.
    Flying (brown) eye claims to know me but I have been out of college since '09. Most people who "know" me have talked to me in the last 3 years.

We could all be so lucky to have a second coming of Andy Irons.

eat a 8=====>
    Last edited by leethestud; May 24, 2012 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    1001- dude what are you even talking about? Over the BS come surf with me any time if you think I am a kook. Run the Ip, I am 15 minutes from sandbridge.
    Flying (brown) eye claims to know me but I have been out of college since '09. Most people who "know" me have talked to me in the last 3 years.

We could all be so lucky to have a second coming of Andy Irons.

eat a 8=====>

It's not ME that thinks you're kookman. It's the people who've seen you surf.
    But anyways...
    You're on your way, muffin.....1,001 posts & climbing....another accomplishment for your FB page.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    Hells yeah. Less than a month since I moved and I miss Guam already. Dare ya to show up there and tell someone you're entitled to surf or that everyone's equal or it's all good. Paying dues is the only way (and chances are someone will still fight you if only because you are white). It ain't pretty but that's the way it is. If you get to ride believe me you've earned it in time and blood. Sometimes it sucks but when it works in your favor you appreciate uncrowded waves.
    H'afa dai Eddy Teach, give my regards to her maj. That house I was talkin bout was down by T'alofofo. I lived up on the bluffs above Agana on the airport. 408 Sunset Blvd. Best views of any house Ive ever lived in. I went to PC Luan. No AC back then. Prolly still none. I was one of 8 haoles in a school of 800 C'hmarro, Pinay and half Chinee. Even worse, me an my lil sis were the only officers' kids. the school bus had to swing about two miles out of its way just to pick us up. Nice thing about being' haole, you stand a head taller than all them. Bad thing bout bein haole, you stand a head taller than all d'em. I learned at an early age why the Army switched from a .38 revolver to a .45 auto during the "Philipine Insurrection". I got it a lot worse from the enlisted kids. Nobody gave a damn that my dad was O5, he hung with all the Chiefs, that's why he never made 6. Man I miss Guam. Surf sucked though. One time me n my buddy Cody were playin in the boonies and we found an old pineapple hand grenade. Vintage WWII, The handle had rotted off. Not knowing any better we ran back to his Dad's house (this was off base), where our fathers were. My Dad flipped, "STOP RIGHT THERE. SLOWLY PUT THAT ON THE GROUND NOW. BACK AWAY!" Called the cops and EOD. Before cells of course. Cop freaked out, EOD took it away (they did a lot of work on Guam, prolly still do). Later let my Dad know it was live. He still pulls that little vignette out every so often, guess I do too.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; May 24, 2012 at 04:53 AM.

This happens every spring... Pack of dogs start barking and biting, trying to figure out who's the leader of the pack, at least for the summer. Timing is always the same... right about now, when all those unfamiliar faces start popping up in the water... and on the forum.

Last year, right around Memorial Day, I had my first run-in of the season, and vented about it here. Kind of a mistake now that I look back. So predictable...
    Last edited by LBCrew; May 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Nobody owes you anything ... you have to work for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AetjEXXjFMs

I'll listen to Lopez any day over you numb nut haters.

that's the problem with "my" generation and def america in general...most people DO feel entitled. people just generally suck