But do you surf when it's cold?
    as cold as it gets

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    as cold as it gets
    F'ing HARDCORE bro

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    F'ing HARDCORE bro
    I only surf dawn patrol in the winter when it's the coldest...why you ask? cause I am the hardcore surfer in my town. Everyone else is WEAK SAUCE BRAH!

I bet your favorite Tuna is albaCORE

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    Because you were there and personally saw the whole thing go down right? Did you notify ABC before you tried to stop it?
    Nobody has really claimed that Martin was ever doing anything illegal throughout this whole trial. The 911 dispatcher told Zimmerman not to follow Martin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aVwPqXc-bk

The worst Zimmerman said about the "suspicious" man was that he had his hand in his waistband. We know Martin didn't have any weapons. Also, at 1:38, you can hear him say "They always get away." Maybe he's referring to criminals, but this seems doubtful when at 1:52 he says something that sounds like "****ing coons." Some have said it's "****ing punks" but I don't even really see the relevance. There was a black kid in a white neighborhood going to his father's house after getting skittles at a local convenience store. Do you really think that the prejudice isn't racial? Do you really think that a white kid walking down the street in a polo shirt and designer jeans would have been followed? Being black and wearing a hooded sweatshirt doesn't mean someone can follow you with a gun and confront you.

And even if there was a fight, why is that relevant? Zimmerman followed Trayvon with a gun! It's completely reasonable for someone to fight back in that situation. Trayvon probably felt he was in danger, and he has witness from his girlfriend on the phone that says that was the case. Three of Zimmerman's witnesses have in recent days changed their accounts, now saying that they either didn't see the fight clearly, or they couldn't tell who had the upper hand or that they didn't actually see Zimmerman with gashes on his head. That doesn't look good for Zimmerman.

Look, I wasn't there personally and I'm not on the jury, but I'm plenty informed about the evidence that has been released to be able to draw my own opinions about what happened. And my opinions are based on evidence and I could sit here and argue with you all day about it, quoting particular accounts and particular pieces of evidence.

Why is it that people think that an understanding of the evidence is sufficient to draw a conclusion about something in every other situation, but once it's in a jury trial nobody's allowed to draw a conclusion unless they're on the jury or were personally at the scene of the crime? That's so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    I didn't know Al Sharpton posted here. You seem to have dismissed the facts completely and invented a few!

George Zimmerman was walking back to his car when "the all out nigga" as he called himself on twitter (who wanted to: "kill em all") attacked him and was on top of him beating him and Zimmerman, fearing for his life, shot him at a distance of 6-18 inches. Zimmerman's face was bruised, nose broken, head lacerated and Martin had bruised knuckles.

Travon's father didn't live in that complex, which was plagued by crime, his father's girlfriend lived there. Trayvon was there because he'd been suspended from school for two weeks for repeated offenses including posession of burglary tools, assaulting a busdriver and drug possession- drugs which were still in his system.

All the evidence supports this version of the events and Zimmerman has no history of racism or bigotry- quite the opposite actually: his best friend in the neighborhood who witnessed the end of the altercation is black and Zimm had been very vocal at a town meeting regarding an incident in which the PD had covered up the bating of a black youth by a white officers son.

The "racist mutterings" have been completely debunked. The race baiters in this country pressured the DA to trump up the charge and bring this ridiculous case to trial.

It's Tawana Brawley/Duke Lacrosse all over again and something needs to be done to hold the race baiters that are inciting riots to justice.
    The witnesses who claimed things like Trayvon attacked Zimmerman first have changed their story within the last week to say that they weren't able to clearly distinguish who attacked who and that they couldn't tell who had the upper-hand. Check your facts before you post them, and keep up on the case if you're going to have an on-going opinion about it.

Having a "black friend" doesn't mean someone's not racist. Are you really that naive? So many people with "black friends" are racist, especially when they have to go "no no no I can't be racist. Look! I have a black friend." Christ. Really?

The Coroner's report showed that the levels of drugs in Trayvon's system (Pot, really) were so low that Trayvon was definitely NOT on drugs at the time of the murder. THC unlike most other drugs is fat-soluble and remains in your system far longer because of that. Medical professionals have seen the levels of THC in Trayvon's system and come to the conclusion that Trayvon probably smoked pot in the weeks before the incident but was almost certainly not on pot at the time of the incident. And even if he was on pot . . . it's pot. Do we really think that Trayvon being on pot changes anything? Come on . . .

The video tapes of Zimmerman in his interview with police show no bruises, lacerations on the head, or bloody nose (have you ever broken your nose? It bleeds . . . a lot). All accounts of that were from a family physician . . . which is suspect, especially if he had a broken nose. The family physician can't treat the broken nose, so you'd think he'd have an orthopedist that could testify, who wasn't closely associated with him. But nope.

How have the muttering been debunked exactly?

That "burglary tool" was a flathead screwdriver . . . And being suspended doesn't at all have the same standards of proof as a criminal trial has to have so why does that matter?

So he was caught with marijuana by his school? That means Zimmerman could shoot him?

The assaulting a bus driver claim was forwarded without evidence by a right wing columnist and has no basis in fact. He was never suspended for that and there's no clear evidence that he did it . . .

Also, lots of racists I've known hide behind the veil of "I just don't like the urban blacks . . . the ones who are criminals. I'm fine with other blacks." and yet they maintain that black culture promotes criminality. I don't think Zimmerman's clearly not a racist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    i really hope you're joking about this. if not, wow. must suck to live with so much fear and rage. seriously bro, don't stab anyone over surfing. no one is going to kill you.
    I don't have fear and rage. I've said already that I don't carry a knife because I'm worried about people being jerks. I carry one for the same reason I carry one when I'm on my sailboat or kayak or any other watercraft. When I'm in the water there's potential for myself or others to get caught up in leashes or underwater snares or all kinds of other **** that might be a serious problem. And I know it's unlikely, especially in the northeast, but if a shark attacks me, as much as I love sharks and would hate to hurt them, I want something better than my hands to fend the thing off. I know, blood in the water yadda yadda, but the sharks species up here are usually solitary so I'm not very concerned, and if it's come to using the knife there's blood in the water anyway.

But if someone tries to fight me in the surf, damned right I'm gonna take it as a threat to my life and safety. Like I said, if I get knocked out or held under in the water those are easy ways to drown. I'm not unreasonable to consider somebody physically assaulting me with fists in the surf to be a threat to my life. I really don't want it to ever come to that and that would really make me sad to put someone in the hospital or grave, but just don't assault people in the ocean and it won't ever be a problem. The ocean's not the place to get confrontational and enraged. The ocean is a dangerous place and it's flat out not okay to knowingly threaten others physically in that environment.
    Last edited by Sloop John B.; May 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM.

You can't be serious

I can't believe people have lost common sense. I hate when people say they always pull the race card. In this case it has everything to do with it. Trayvon was doing nothing wrong and was being profiled. You just can't shoot people cuz you got your ass kicked when you started it. Zimmermans life will be hell either way, and he deserves it cuz he made a choice that day!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    I bet your favorite Tuna is albaCORE
    lmao....

i only surf in the center of the lineup...because it's the core of the lineup

Earl, dude....it has never been like that weekend in Sumatra....we need that vibe back in Jersey..these young dorks need a wake up call...chill out and feel the vibe young brothers...see ya at the point next monday. Remember to bring the masks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy arthur brownfire View Post
    Earl, dude....it has never been like that weekend in Sumatra....we need that vibe back in Jersey..these young dorks need a wake up call...chill out and feel the vibe young brothers...see ya at the point next monday. Remember to bring the masks.
    seriously, these young bucks are stupid. i was sitting on the inside along the jetty and called a kid off a wave and he got mad. what a doofus