LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    sorry but you're in the wrong thread to get your post spell checked

Images
    sociopath [( soh -see-uh-path, soh -shee-uh-path)]

Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Speaking of entitlement, there is nothing i despise more than a "summer local".
    Exactly! You don't see them the rest of the year. Then, right around now, they show up for the summer and act like they own the break.

Lee, grow up, this whole "surfing" mentality or lifestyle is a joke. You guys live off VA or NJ and act like you live the lifestyle. You go to work, earn a living, and looks for fun things to do to kill time and make life fulfilling. Just like rest of us. If you were so hard-core you'd be living in Fiji or Sumatra, living off the land, and living to surf. It's this old clique mentality that makes us look back at high school and laugh at how stupid we were. We all just want to have a good time, I understand every now and then some new guy is a total douche or kook, but the exception doesn't make the rule. Just like I won't generalize one old guy (you) speaking like a child mad he has to share waves, or wear a leash, to ruin my opinion of the many cool older men out there in the line-up.

This is a hobby for you and 99% of people on here, if it was a lifestyle, you wouldn't be spending your free time online on surf forums, doesn't really fit the whole "counter-culture" lifestyle you define a surfer as embracing. So let us enjoy it. Wear a leash, don't snake waves, help out a newbie, and shut up.

Make the world a better place, don't punch every new surfer enthusiasts in the face!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by whitewater View Post
    sorry but you're in the wrong thread to get your post spell checked
    oh... i should have known better... thanx brah

Screw this!!! man, no leashes and you know what.... Im gonna stop using wax cause Im so incontrol!!!!
    lol.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Lee, grow up, this whole "surfing" mentality or lifestyle is a joke. You guys live off VA or NJ and act like you live the lifestyle. You go to work, earn a living, and looks for fun things to do to kill time and make life fulfilling. Just like rest of us. If you were so hard-core you'd be living in Fiji or Sumatra, living off the land, and living to surf. It's this old clique mentality that makes us look back at high school and laugh at how stupid we were. We all just want to have a good time, I understand every now and then some new guy is a total douche or kook, but the exception doesn't make the rule. Just like I won't generalize one old guy (you) speaking like a child mad he has to share waves, or wear a leash, to ruin my opinion of the many cool older men out there in the line-up.

This is a hobby for you and 99% of people on here, if it was a lifestyle, you wouldn't be spending your free time online on surf forums, doesn't really fit the whole "counter-culture" lifestyle you define a surfer as embracing. So let us enjoy it. Wear a leash, don't snake waves, help out a newbie, and shut up.

Make the world a better place, don't punch every new surfer enthusiasts in the face!
    Dude, don't even talk about Jersey. You're in Florida. Winter in Jersey when it's firing is as hard core as it gets! Cold water and duck diving or getting pounded don't mesh. Warm water all you have to do is hold your breath and go for the ride/pounding. Cold water your breath is lost instantly so there's nothing to hold! Don't speak of things you know nothing of. Winter surfers in the NE are a brethren esp when it's firing. The cold separates the men from the boys. Another reason why "summer shredders" are looked down upon.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Dude, don't even talk about Jersey. You're in Florida. Winter in Jersey when it's firing is as hard core as it gets! Cold water and duck diving or getting pounded don't mesh. Warm water all you have to do is hold your breath and go for the ride/pounding. Cold water your breath is lost instantly so there's nothing to hold! Don't speak of things you know nothing of. Winter surfers in the NE are a brethren esp when it's firing. The cold separates the men from the boys. Another reason why "summer shredders" are looked down upon.
    Can I get an "Amen"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

He's talking about the current sense of entitlement among newbies today and rightfully so.

Hey tough guy, from the time I was 6 to 13 I lived in Oregon, don't tell me about cold water. I've just recently moved here from California. I didn't know all it took was some cold water to make me hard-core. I take cold showers, does that make me hard core.

Get out of here you Jerseys fools, I understand the surf is good and cold up there in the winter, doesn't justify acting like a total ass in the water and being a **** to everyone else out there, even if they are less experienced than you, NOTHING DOES! Get over yourselves, like I said before, we are all just trying to have a good time and enjoy the Earth.

You want to talk about "hard-core" how about the guys sleeping on the streets in Ocean Beach, cause all they want to do is surf, yes they're morons, but that is exactly how people sound, acting like you eat, breath, and sleep surfing. It's fun, I love it, and I will never let a bunch of assholes with something to prove to the world ruin it for me.