LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Dude, here's what you do. Next time you see "the Dad", just walk up to him and knock his teeth down his throat in front of his kids and all their buddies. Then from that day forward, not one of them will want anything to do with you and will steer clear. Kind of like beating up the bully in school or finding the biggest dude in prison and KOing him 1st day in the clink. Sure, you may get some community service and some medical bills to pay for, but in the end it's long-term investment worth making.
    or better yet, go to a soda machine, buy like 4 or 5 cans of soda (no diet) put them in a pillow case, and walk up to the dad and start walloping him with the sack o cans. Worked for Sean Penn in the 80s movie 'Bad Boys'.

Dude, here's what you do. Next time you see "the Dad", just walk up to him and knock his teeth down his throat in front of his kids and all their buddies. Then from that day forward, not one of them will want anything to do with you and will steer clear. Kind of like beating up the bully in school or finding the biggest dude in prison and KOing him 1st day in the clink. Sure, you may get some community service and some medical bills to pay for, but in the end it's long-term investment worth making.
    Thanks for the advice... I will let you know how it goes. the dad is an ex Vietnam vet, so that ought to stir the pot a little. And on a side note, I basically did tell them to go F their own faces. If I ever catch these kids at "my" spot I may drown them with their own leashes. Then tell the dad how it was their fault. then he can blog about that ****... he blogs

Images
    Agreed.

What's up with all you NE'ers? Why do you guys need internet validation for all your actions? You got punked out by some teenagers..... Emass almost drowned his friend.... These things happen.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by macgregorsmith View Post
    Thanks for the advice... I will let you know how it goes. the dad is an ex Vietnam vet, so that ought to stir the pot a little. And on a side note, I basically did tell them to go F their own faces. If I ever catch these kids at "my" spot I may drown them with their own leashes. Then tell the dad how it was their fault. then he can blog about that ****... he blogs
    Nam was a real long time ago. If he's an ex-vet that means he's not a vet anymore so he's lost even more tough points.

Bottom line, you punked out and now you have to pay the consequences. Refresh my memory, wasn't Karate Kid very similar to this plot we've got going now?

Quote Originally Posted by macgregorsmith View Post
    Anytime, it's all about the shock and awe, once you establish who the alpha male is around there, it'll sort it'self out.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Agreed.

What's up with all you NE'ers? Why do you guys need internet validation for all your actions? You got punked out by some teenagers..... Emass almost drowned his friend.... These things happen.
    I knew this was coming.... true, **** happens.
    Things get competitive up here though. People hate when someone is better than them in the lineup.

Haha

All I can say is that NOYA is good. When you start off, it can be frustrating.

I moved to VB, didn't know anyone, and am shown no quarter despite respect and etiquette towards others. Don't succumb to bad etiquette because it won't make you a better surfer, but a better D-Bag. What you will have to overcome to earn your waves and place in the lineup will make you a better surfer and person. Don't take the easy way. You will get better with adversity.

My favorite line..."Hey, can you teach me (and my kid) to surf today?" I never would have thought to ask anyone that...hilarious

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Refresh my memory, wasn't Karate Kid very similar to this plot we've got going now?
    Strike First! Strike Hard! No Mercy!

Quote Originally Posted by jtblue18 View Post
    Did you really post this?! Did you just type "brother-en", and attempt to give a surfer's history lesson? I wear a leash out of respect for other surfers (Kooks included) and other's enjoying the ocean. Sounds like you have watched too much "bra-boys" and corny a$$ surf flicks. Everyone gets tired of some kook getting in the way, but it happens. If someone is obviously out to disrespect others, well things work themselves out. You are "CALLING OUT" people on a surf forum?!! The same people that surf? Usually don't post, but these usual tough guy posts are pathetic. Your board is going to hit the wrong person one day, and you might be looking to "call the cops." Hopefully the other 966 posts of yours do not consist of crying......

Your turn......show your "tough-guy" internet skills! Freakin tool
    I agree with jtblue...

I am a total beginner and a complete "KooK" and wear it like pride. Using a leash is about respect, which, if thats how you really feel; you clearly have none and don't deserve any in return. I'm sure you're a big tough guy behind your keyboard but it's prob a different story at the beach and when your outta control board hits some guys 13yo duaghter in the head who he's trying to teach you're gonna get f'ed up no matter if you wanna call the popo's or not...

Don't usually post but some valid comments here. And although I don't agree with violent behavior to prove a point (I am more of a "can't we all get along guy"), the youth of today (I'm almost 40 so I think I earned the right to judge a kid) need to understand in the surf/skate culture there is a proving ground period. We all want things. However, we can always get what you want. You have to pay to play. And part of the paying process is to respect those who have come before. They need to learn who not to cross and what asses need to be kissed to join the "squad". I never forget a poor decision I made as a teenager in a crowded session at Love Park in the late 80's. Let's just say there was two hits, the second was my face on marble. But the lesson I learned that day I carry with me as traveling surfer and a non-Local Jersey surfer. I know my place and I respect that. I don't know leethestud, but I appreciate him for keeping the underbelly of the sport alive. It's not all love, stoke and sun.