Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 374
  1. #351
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    the newest hampshire
    Posts
    943
    Holy ****ing hell, someone summoned the dark arts to resurrect this one.

    Few hipsters that are worse than I am were chasing their leashless vintage logs around the other day after pearling ever single attempt to paddle into something (usually some total garbage since they had no idea how to identify a surfable wave).

    Far enough away that I wasn't worried about taking a 10' 6" beast to the teeth, but still pretty ****ing stupid imo. If you don't smash someone (and potentially get your face rearranged in return), you might lose your board. Judging by their paddle skills, they'd drown without a flotation device if they lost their board on a chest high day. Stupid hipsters. "Leashes aren't cool man". Uh huh, these are like the hipsters that pick up a duc s4 for their first bike and wear chuck Taylors and a short sleeve shirt as riding gear. How darwin hasn't taken more of those bearded manginas out is beyond me.

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ocean View, DE
    Posts
    280
    Images
    5
    I think all surfers should wear leashes simply out of respect. You're not as good as you think you are. Once I saw some idiot without a leash surfing shore break. Of course he lost control of his board and it almost hit my 1.5 year old who was playing at the shoreline with her toes in the water. My husband moved her out of the way, but if that had been a 4 year old who could go further into the water, she/he would have been hit. So give me break. Who the f&# loses control of a short board on shore break anyways?Since he didn't know enough to tuck the damn thing under his arm when he jumped off, he should have had a leash. Here's a rule of thumb: the guy without a leash sucks and will probably endanger you.

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    near Texas
    Posts
    955
    whoa... didn't see that comin...


  4. #354
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    845
    I just hate everyone in the water. Please stop surfing

  5. #355
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    the newest hampshire
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    I just hate everyone in the water. Please stop surfing
    Saw a sticker the other day on a car at a shop I frequent, read "surfing Sucks, don't try it". I lol'd

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    near Texas
    Posts
    955
    Nobody owes you anything. This is true.

    Karma is real though, and a bi***.

    I kick out before getting in near the kids. Not a problem in winter.

    One thing I DO hate in summer, though. I'll be lookin outside, scopin the incomin set. Meanwhile 5 tourists are making their way straight out to me, to see what I'm doin. I pick my wave, turn around to paddle, and it's like WTF? Where did this herd come from? If I can navigate through the floaties, inner tubes, and what not, I still take off right through the middle of em. Sometimes, just have to say F it, and paddle down the beach out of the herd. They don't realize they just blew my wave, so I tries not to hold it against em.

    Karma never sleeps. It always pays off later.

  7. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by ibc View Post
    Nobody owes you anything. This is true.

    Karma is real though, and a bi***.

    I kick out before getting in near the kids. Not a problem in winter.

    One thing I DO hate in summer, though. I'll be lookin outside, scopin the incomin set. Meanwhile 5 tourists are making their way straight out to me, to see what I'm doin. I pick my wave, turn around to paddle, and it's like WTF? Where did this herd come from? If I can navigate through the floaties, inner tubes, and what not, I still take off right through the middle of em. Sometimes, just have to say F it, and paddle down the beach out of the herd. They don't realize they just blew my wave, so I tries not to hold it against em.

    Karma never sleeps. It always pays off later.
    That's radical!

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliaep View Post
    I think all surfers should wear leashes simply out of respect. You're not as good as you think you are. Once I saw some idiot without a leash surfing shore break. Of course he lost control of his board and it almost hit my 1.5 year old who was playing at the shoreline with her toes in the water. My husband moved her out of the way, but if that had been a 4 year old who could go further into the water, she/he would have been hit. So give me break. Who the f&# loses control of a short board on shore break anyways?Since he didn't know enough to tuck the damn thing under his arm when he jumped off, he should have had a leash. Here's a rule of thumb: the guy without a leash sucks and will probably endanger you.
    whoaaaa - juliaep tellin' it like it is.
    the reason you should wear a leash is cause its good manners.
    the singular exception to this is surfing alone.

    one time at makaha i was standing at the shoreline reading a sign that said "beware loose boards."
    cause i was reading instead of paying attention i got hit by a loose board.

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    near Texas
    Posts
    955
    LOL

    It's like... You're reading... dum de dum... watch out for... hmm hmm loose... BAM!!!


  10. Funny . When it's warm and the northerners come down to be "summer locals" we get tense real fast .. Weather it be qubexican kooks or from western mass or VT . . All I know is it's less stress out there now. And that keeps ol randy from having a stroke .