LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    This thread goes into the SI HOF for sure!

I still stand by this sentiment 100%.

Images
    classic thread bro.

I thought this was a new thread when it came up in the list. I almost threw my computer out the window. But yeah good to read one of the best

This thread and a middle finger are my feelings today

NOYA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    first let me say that i pretty much 100% agree w/ everything contain w/in your post & earl's.

but, in the interest of historical veracity, i have to correct you on one point. the leash first showed up in the 70s, created by pat o'neill in santa cruz, ca.
    jack oneill

Quote Originally Posted by bagus View Post
    jack oneill
    Pat is his son who is often credited for the leash. Jack was wetsuites.

Quote Originally Posted by El Stupido View Post
    Pat is his son who is often credited for the leash. Jack was wetsuites.
    not so sure on that , that's how jack lost his eye developing the leash , pat was too busy jumping out bathroom windows

Holy ****ing hell, someone summoned the dark arts to resurrect this one.

Few hipsters that are worse than I am were chasing their leashless vintage logs around the other day after pearling ever single attempt to paddle into something (usually some total garbage since they had no idea how to identify a surfable wave).

Far enough away that I wasn't worried about taking a 10' 6" beast to the teeth, but still pretty ****ing stupid imo. If you don't smash someone (and potentially get your face rearranged in return), you might lose your board. Judging by their paddle skills, they'd drown without a flotation device if they lost their board on a chest high day. Stupid hipsters. "Leashes aren't cool man". Uh huh, these are like the hipsters that pick up a duc s4 for their first bike and wear chuck Taylors and a short sleeve shirt as riding gear. How darwin hasn't taken more of those bearded manginas out is beyond me.

Images
    I think all surfers should wear leashes simply out of respect. You're not as good as you think you are. Once I saw some idiot without a leash surfing shore break. Of course he lost control of his board and it almost hit my 1.5 year old who was playing at the shoreline with her toes in the water. My husband moved her out of the way, but if that had been a 4 year old who could go further into the water, she/he would have been hit. So give me break. Who the f&# loses control of a short board on shore break anyways?Since he didn't know enough to tuck the damn thing under his arm when he jumped off, he should have had a leash. Here's a rule of thumb: the guy without a leash sucks and will probably endanger you.