LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” - Little Dragon

It's my first day.

What if I ski on a double black diamond,does that mean I'm a expert skier?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    What if I ski on a double black diamond,does that mean I'm a expert skier?
    that depends on how well you ski it. if you control your speed by linking technically correct turns then yes but if you slide sideways one direction and then the other all the way down then no. (former PSIA level II FYI)
    Last edited by Bronze Whaler; May 28, 2012 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” - Little Dragon
    doesn't that make for a "one trick pony"? Seems to be the opposite of "the style of no style" and broad diversity of technique- maybe it's a joke I'm not familiar with? although I would agree that one kick would be devastating.

my friend from cali has been surfing for 2 years and is very good. defiantly considered intermediate to advanced. iv been surfing for 10 years. no where close to as good as him. He surfs great waves year round. Im from new jersey........

attributed to zaGafffer

It's my first day.[/QUOTE] caGaffer

+1
    Every paddle out
    Last edited by yankee; May 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: attributed to

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ocsurf21 View Post
    my friend from cali has been surfing for 2 years and is very good. defiantly considered intermediate to advanced. iv been surfing for 10 years. no where close to as good as him. He surfs great waves year round. Im from new jersey........
    who surfs better in ****ty NJ conditions, you or he?

you all need to realize everybody progresses at a different rate. for instance zippy sucks....surfing 35 years and intermediate? :/

Images
    More like Zippy is honest sh*thead, lol. In 35 years of surfing I have learned one thing, most people are completely deluded about their surfing abilities.
    Last edited by Zippy; May 29, 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    that depends on how well you ski it. if you control your speed by linking technically correct turns then yes but if you slide sideways one direction and then the other all the way down then no. (former PSIA level II FYI)
    Ok check it out,under 3 feet is beginner.3 feet to 5 feet is intermediate. Head high and over is above intermediate ..Providing you can surf the wave well.
    Last edited by GoodVibes; May 29, 2012 at 01:48 AM.