LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beginner

beginner

sup dudes. new to the surf era

before i go out and spend money i want to educated myself.

i weight about 180lbs and im 5' 11''. 18yrs old.

i plan on starting with a body board, skim board and getting a surf board in the future.

whats good?

Well unless you want some douchey unhelpful answers about how everyone except the most douchey guy here is a kook, you've come to the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by seaturtle View Post
    sup dudes. new to the surf era

before i go out and spend money i want to educated myself.

i weight about 180lbs and im 5' 11''. 18yrs old.

i plan on starting with a body board, skim board and getting a surf board in the future.

whats good?
    definitely summer time..........

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    definitely summer time..........
    hahahaha so true dude

Images
    Find someone who gives private lessons. They'll have a board for you to use. You'll be better off that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wave1rider65 View Post
    Find someone who gives private lessons. They'll have a board for you to use. You'll be better off that way.
    +1 find a local surf camp

Go to a CostCo, buy a foam board about 2' taller than yourself and a body glove wetsuit on the cheap, paddle out, wait until a wave comes, turn around, paddle hard, pop up, rinse and repeat.

"just walk around with this [surfboard] under your arm and act stoned, ask a few questions"

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    "just walk around with this [surfboard] under your arm and act stoned, ask a few questions"
    This is spot-on. Listen to The Wisdom of The Whaler.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    reminds me of the other night. i was literally walking out of the water around 715 pm and this guy is about to go out. "hey man hows the waves?", "well its low tide so it's a bit drained and really shallow", "but the tide just turned", "yeah I know, its alright" "so how are they?!?" "theyre alright"

look the **** around with your eyes you stupid **** and come to your own conclusion...interrogation session on the conditions.