LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Japan

Images

Thanks Japan

Special thank to Japan for their mishandling of Fukashima. Lying. Downplaying it. Under regulating it. Lying more to save face. Now the whole pacific is filled with radioactive fish. Already Ning caught all over CA. Riddled with radioactive isotopes. Mental note, don't let fish bump my legs while I'm the lineup. Also I should probably give up sashimi for a while. First thy introduce us to sushi, then they destroy the worlds supply. Thanks again Japanese government. Putting a nuclear reactor on a fault line in a city that has been completely eradicated 5 times over the past thousand years by Tsunamis. It in vet history book. What did u just cross your fingers?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...6855&#47606855

Not that I'm disagreeing with u about the dangers of fission reactors on fault zones, nor the response thus far from TEPCO; but the levels of cesium 137 they found in the Blue Fin are comparable to the level of naturally occurring cesium 134. The only difference is that one isotope is man made and the other isn't, hence the reason they detected it. I wouldn't start taking iodine pills quite yet. I don't eat much Magoro anyway, just because there are only 10% of the total population left that there was 25 years ago, not cause I'm worried about radiation poisoning. Quit eating Blue Fin for that reason, switch to Albacore. You know they irradiate dairy products in this country, right?
    I do think they should decommission San Onofre. The Rose Canyon fault is currently at the longest interval between 7.0 or greater magnitude earth quakes since the last ice age. That's based on a UCSD study done back in '02 or '03. When I read the survey, we (San Diego) were at 187 years since the last big one. The next longest interval was about 155 years. Rose Canyon always have given me the creeps. Ride under the 52 - I5 junction in the wee hours of the morning, I always get a chill.

Images

china syndrome.....

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I do think they should decommission San Onofre. The Rose Canyon fault is currently at the longest interval between 7.0 or greater magnitude earth quakes since the last ice age. That's based on a UCSD study done back in '02 or '03. When I read the survey, we (San Diego) were at 187 years since the last big one. The next longest interval was about 155 years. Rose Canyon always have given me the creeps. Ride under the 52 - I5 junction in the wee hours of the morning, I always get a chill.
    san onofre has been offline for cracks in the pipes for months.....

Images
    damn. whatever is left of the tuna populations is going to be affected for a long time. fish prices are gonna sky rocket on the west coast.

Images
    What about all the radiation America released into the ocean in the 50's with nulclear weapons testing? That's why they test the fish in the first place. Don't just blame Japan, chalk it up to everyone sucking.

Not to overly minimize this, but this story is more symbolic than anything else. The levels found in the fish (reported more thoroughly on every other news organization except msnbc) were at or below the naturally occurring levels of the naturally occurring cesium isotope. All in all, it's not really that bad--this just shows us that it could be much, much worse if a much larger fallout were to occur.

Don't get me started on Asian and African commercial fishing vessels and UN enforcement (or lack thereof depending on what country you are from) of international fishery treaties.....

Images
    The coastline of Northern Japan was completely trashed with junk when I lived there. Bringing TP to the beach was a must. The water would have your guts inside out before you got to the truck. There is no comparison between our country and Japan on how we treat the ocean.

Images
    Don't forget about deep water horizon, and how that is being down played as well.

To sum it up humans f#$% up everything, despite country, race or anything...We might be able to adapt to situations but in the end we will be the ones to blame for our extinction...which sadly enough will be the best thing to happen to the earth

Images
    This is **%#$* up, but the desire of big business to make money, but not consider environmental and safety concerns surrounds us everywhere from the food we eat to the air we breathe.