LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: nomad

Had a tj with lift and 33s and it was fun offload but it sucked fuel and was an uncomfortable commute for any distance/rattle box

Quote Originally Posted by eppeldaa View Post
    jeeps cant compete with the V8 yukons, f150s, silverados, hemi dodges, etc
    jeeps lack power, carrying capacity and comfort.
    Power is only a small part of the equation when offroading. torque is huge which the I-6 has in spades. as for comfort...well....part of the ruggedness of the Jeep is what attracts the non-feminized segment of the population. I will agree that the piss-poor gas mileage is a problem if its going to be your daily driver.

LOL JEEP LOL

Toothpicks for axles, squirrel cages for transmissions. For a real 4x4 get a Landcruiser FJ40 if you want the short wheel base or an FJ62 (my vehicle, daily driver 14mpg in proper tune) or an FZJ Cruiser up to 1998. No need for a massive lift and 36 x 12's for deep sand or mud when you can just plow through it on 31 x 8.5's and no lift.... at 1000 rpm.

......and to bring it back on topic. I paid $9k cash for mine with 170k miles, it now has 260k. I've rebuilt the entire front end including the axles because I wanted to, not because I had to. This truck so far has cost me less than $.25/mile to drive. I used to have a 2500hd with a Duramax, even though I was never even close to being underwater on the loan it still cost me closer to $1/mile to drive by the time I sold it--and I pocketed $5k after paying the loan off. This is one of the keys to being frugal I learned the hard way. Don't look at sticker price, break it down to how much something will realistically cost you per month, per year and for the entire time you plan on owning it.

Classic!!

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Classic!!

**DROOL**

////filler/////

only if you're compensating for something, which your posts in this thread lead me to believe you are.
    jeeps are vehicles of the minimalist, their smaller size force your to parse your crap down to what you *actually* need, not want. but you wouldn't know anything about minimalism, would you? & funny enough, my fiance thought mine was so comfortable, she went out & bought her own! a woman who, prior to her jeep, owned nothing but leather-clad volvos. she says her jeep is way more comfortable than any volvo she owned.
    my simple little 3.7L V6 has pulled countless yukons, tundras, etc...out of the sand & has never gotten stuck itself (not for lack of trying!) plenty of torque & guts...way more than any other modern truck.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Classic!!

awesome!

yours?

This post pretty much sums up how living 3 hours from surf to keep the 300K income coming in results in such a loss of perspective.
    Last edited by scotty; Jun 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    awesome!

yours?
    no but I AM thinking about replacement vehicles when I present the beloved TJ to my son at the end of the year.

Images
    Also - in a jeep you can't really put a long board and lock it up too.
    Jeeps get broken into a lot I hear.
    They suck at highway speeds.
    I don't think a 3.7 liter jeep can pull a yugo out of puddle on route 1.

Does this sound bitter?