LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: nomad

Images
    Momma said Knock you out

Quote Originally Posted by eppeldaa View Post
    Also - in a jeep you can't really put a long board and lock it up too.
    Jeeps get broken into a lot I hear.
    They suck at highway speeds.
    I don't think a 3.7 liter jeep can pull a yugo out of puddle on route 1.

Does this sound bitter?
    no, it just sounds ignorant. my 9'6" fits w/ about 2" to spare in my grand cherokee, it handles fine at highway speeds, & as for pulling a yugo out of a puddle, absolutely not a problem.

on that note, i'm gonna go ride my bike to the beach & catch a surf before work. b/c i'm a local & awesome that way.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Jun 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

I have a 4.0 I-6

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    on that note, i'm gonna go ride my bike to the beach & catch a surf before work. b/c i'm a local & awesome that way.
    Classic....

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I have a 4.0 I-6
    i wish! those inlines are bomb-proof!

Don't y'all miss this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by eppeldaa View Post
    some dude asked last week how long our commute is to beach.
    Mine is 3 hours.
    So I am a NOMAD1
    My wife and i must stay put so we can make over 300k/ year... would you give that up?
    In my memeory bank I have about 30 to 40 locations I rotate. I have no choice so I just roll with it. I am a nomadic local (oxymoron - nice!) from Florida to OBX to Cali to Costa to hawaii. I am always going somehwere.

I have never met a local I couldn't ***** slap off his high horse. I m 6'6" and 220 and my balls are bigger than some of these tough locals. I love when one complains and I pull up close and watch the bravery fade to pale fear. You ever hit someone in the face before they finish their threat? That can be very effective.
    That hasn't happened in years though because there are miles of surf with nobody in it. I was just in OBX, nags head and duck and I surfed twice daily with not one other person. That federal research pier in Duck rocks. And they weren't sloppy closeouts either. Surfers love to be around other surfers and then complain of crowded conditions.
    Lololollol!!! "Do you know my net worth, *****?" Bahhahaha take it to pipe and take on kianoa

I live 30-40mins from the shore and amongst my circle of friends who live waterfront I live far but then again I'm still thankful of being as close as I am because there are those surfers who do live over an hour away and not all of us can live within 10mins of the shore. There isn't consistent swell in nj I manage to paddle out 1-2x a week in the winter and almost every day in the summer because of my job. Even people in nj complain about the water temp and weather but at least we get waves and can enjoy them that's all I care

am reminded of good advice from charlie tram - a/c cab driver - who said to me way back when:

doesn't matter how much $ you make; what matters is what you do with the $.

Live 10 min from the beach
    I teach students who come from very tough situations and really enjoy it
    My second job is music .... Gig 5 to 10 times a month
    Rent my crib out every summer and take a two month surf trip...this year is indo
    Drive an old Nissan altima . its not a very "cool" car. I can LOCK a long board and two shorties in it...believe it or not.
    I have a cool dog and amazing wife

My lifestyle ain't for everyone but it sure works for me. Aloha yall