LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warm water

Images

Warm water

Hey, I was wondering is everyone having much warmer water temps then last year? Also what is everyone else got on? I remember still wearing a 5/4 this time last year. Not complaining got to love board shorts and a thick rash guard but just wondering

Trunked it in Maryland both Saturday and Sunday and felt fine. Was on the cooler end of comfortable, but felt good to be rubber-free. Was still 3/2ing it this time last year.

Thank you Al Gore for your two great contributions to society: The Internet and Global Warming!

Images
    upper 60s in Delaware. Spring suit is perfect. Very warm for this time of year...

This doesn't mean that water temps are anomalously awar in the tropics, which would lead to more tropical storms originating in ITCZ. But, definitely opportunity for lots of smaller storms that originate close to the coast, like we have already seen. The magic number for tropical storm development is 80 degrees F.

Carolina Beach Water Temp. 78 degrees. Went from a 4/3 to board shorts in what seemed like over night. I don't think the water ever went blow mid 50's all winter. Been in shorts since mid April.

Here in VAB it's been all trunks for about a couple weeks. One thing I've also noticed (in my opionion) is how blue / clearer the water has been compared to last year. I know we're not lucky with crystal clear water like further south or other places (waves included...) but just something else I've noticed.

Maybe I'll check the Mayan calendar....

Warmest water temps in however many years

Yesterday on the way to work, I was listening to Bird of Bird's Surf Shed's Surf Report and he said that we are currently experiencing the warmest water temps for this time of year in the last 2 or 5 years (there was some static right when he said how many years, so I didn't catch that). Now I admit, this is SoCal, so cold water to us is not the same as cold water to the NE crowd, but I am LOVIN' this warm water. Don't know how people are still in full suits in 70 degree air temps and mid 60 degree water. Ditched the spring suit about 2-3 weeks ago.

Images
    nj- 3/2 some guys barebacking... super warm...

Yea... I was in a 3/2 last night and was hot... kept having to dunk my head to cool off. A springer would have been perfect.

South jersey just board shorts baby. It's a little chilly at first but feels good 10 mins in.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuono View Post
    Here in VAB it's been all trunks for about a couple weeks. One thing I've also noticed (in my opionion) is how blue / clearer the water has been compared to last year. I know we're not lucky with crystal clear water like further south or other places (waves included...) but just something else I've noticed.

Maybe I'll check the Mayan calendar....
    i have even dawn patroled in trunks. the water is amazing!