LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    craigstlist is full of scammers... I was getting scam responses when I was looking for roommates...
    yup, it's a jungle out there...when selling, the obvious rule is cash only, in person, no exceptions. i've also taken to specifying no e-mails or text replies, phone calls only, if interested in whatever i'm selling. this eliminates the fake e-mail harvesting replies as well as the people who aren't really serious. saves much time and aggravation.

all that being said, i've also met some genuinely nice people on Craigslist, who did what they said they were going to do and were a pleasure to deal with. it goes both ways.

Images
    I love the deaf and live alone part.... what happened to the fiancee? She must of got fed up with his scams...lol

Yeah, it seems these scammers come out anytime you are selling something for $200+. One thing you can do is ask anyone who emails or texts you to say something specific about what they are buying. So, if I'm selling some music gear I want them to tell me their favorite band... sports tickets - favorite athlete... surfboard - favorite surf movie...etc. Even if they aren't a spam-bot, if someone doesn't take the time to answer a pretty simple question, it's not someone I want to deal with the hassle of setting up a meeting time and place.