LOGIN | REGISTER

Summer in SouthFL...what's my destination?

any recommendations for waves? can be anywhere

Buy a boat

Images
    Stay on the east coast anywhere from St. Augustine down to Ft. Pierce. Smyrna/Cocoa/Satellite/Sebastian will be the best area so staying in a place around Melbourne would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyK View Post
    any recommendations for waves? can be anywhere
    Two options for summer surf in south Florida

2 hour flight to Costa Rica
    2 hour drive north to Central Florida

Images
    You have to hunt. Pray for a couple of good storms to skim the coast. Plenty of spots south of Dirt Pierce, just have to look.

Spent spring break in Central/North Fla... around the St. Augustine area. From there north is my favorite part of the state. A beautiful place, fairly consistent surf and very laid back. Cocoa area has changed a lot since I started going there in the late 70s early 80s. Not into it so much anymore. Miami is a trip... literally and figuratively. No waves, but something you just gotta see. Don't forget the Keys, if you hit a flat spell. Great free diving, and see what's in season... you can get a license and catch stone crab and lobster, aside from the normal fishing, which is often very good.

guess i should've been more detailed...i live in south florida...i cant wait for the next storm. where...anywhere...should i go? just wanted to hear peoples summer surf trip ideas