LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Heres another board with the same CF patches. This is a 6'1 Pro board by Kech.

aviso boards are made of full CF....they are mad expensive, and possibly worth it, but I hardly ever see a pro take one out.

The cool thing about CF is that it can be made so that it withstands high forces from a certain direction, they really utilize this in high end racing cars.

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    aviso boards are made of full CF....they are mad expensive, and possibly worth it, but I hardly ever see a pro take one out.
    more expensive then teh WaveJet?

I saw a guy snap an Aviso in waist to chest high surf about 5 or 6 years ago. Shaped him a knock-off out of EPS and he's still riding it today.

I love my Coil! Never had a board flex so predictably and have so much pop.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I love my Coil! Never had a board flex so predictably and have so much pop.
    What Mike Daniels is doing is completely different than just add a small carbon patch the the tail rails. he is using vac infusion with carbon on the whole rail and whole tail patch, also if i am correct it is all pre pregged cloth. But he doesn't allow anyone to know what exactly goes on in his shop so... Also with vac he is ensuring the tightest possible lam which means the most possible strength and flex. as well as light weight. this is much different than hand lamming a small carbon rail patch

Quote Originally Posted by a2tall View Post
    What Mike Daniels is doing is completely different than just add a small carbon patch the the tail rails. he is using vac infusion with carbon on the whole rail and whole tail patch, also if i am correct it is all pre pregged cloth. But he doesn't allow anyone to know what exactly goes on in his shop so... Also with vac he is ensuring the tightest possible lam which means the most possible strength and flex. as well as light weight. this is much different than hand lamming a small carbon rail patch
    There is also a honeycomb style glass if you look really close in the center of the board where your front foot goes. I didn't notice it until I was inspecting my foot dents. BTW this board is still as white as it was brand new 2 years ago.

There is also a honeycomb style glass if you look really close in the center of the board where your front foot goes. I didn't notice it until I was inspecting my foot dents. BTW this board is still as white as it was brand new 2 years ago.
    How $$ are these boards? This is something I want to try one day.

Images
    I am not sure but i think he is using some sort of epoxy primer (which is white) which gives him the uv stability for longer whites.