LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Depends on what/where you are fishing. My go-to setup for inshore and trolling for Spanish are 7' St. Croix Medium Heavy, fast action 10-16# spinning rods with Shimano Spheros 4000 reels. I use 15# braid on them. If I'm going for something larger, I pull out the trusty Shimano TLD 25's on 6' 40# rods with 30# mono spooled and 45' or so 30# flouro tipper.
    Which St. Croix? I'm using a 6'6" medium-heavy, fast action St. Croix Tidemaster with an Abu Garcia Record with 30lb braid.

I have 4 Triumphs all the same med-heavy and fast action. They're about 5 years old, St. Croix's lower end but still perform and hold up better than most rods twice their price IMO.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    9' St. Croix Mojo Surf
    Love the Mojo Surf!!! I got a 7ft m for the boat too! Also got the St Croix Tidewater med heavy bait w/ the abu garcia... no other rod to go with then the Croix!

It was going off this morning -off the beach- about 2 jetty lengths out- only 2 guys on it- huge rips through the bait... was bummed i was going to work...

Anyone else paddle out on a board or a kayak... or even skish? so much fun hooking up with a big one!

8ft custom with 150vs and 30lb suffix

How does the suffix compare to PP in terms of wind knots? It's a bit more expensive, right?

Isn't the Suffix a round-wound braid? I use PP also, but my buddy just got some round-wound (I think it's suffix) and that stuff is awesome!

,,, St. Croix premier ,legend ultra (fly ) ,Fenwick 7' hmg,shimano,falcon favorite inshore rod for tossing soft plastics by far is a 7'4" loomis Pro-green. (surf)Lamiglas,penn.loomis piles and piles more...

Reels ,,,
    Penn SS series ( they're all the old metal ones ) , penn battle,conquer,Sargus, Fin-nor ahab , Abu,Shimano cardiff almost too many to list , my sentimental favorite is a mint penn 940 level-matic power pro on most

strike king glass minnows ( avocado kills 'em down here ) Rage shrimp, Zman jerk shad ) new penny , electric chicken), Gulp crab,mirrolures, DOA shrmip etc ,etc ,etc ... Big reds and blacks get 1/2 a blue crab , they can't say no .

bench full of fly tying gear

Yaks : Native ultimate 12 ,wilderness sysyems ride 135,ocean kayak trident 15

*whew *

tight lines ~

Images
    never had an issue with PP and wind knots....

Good stuff Erock......saw the fleet, baitfish, and birds during the Beryl period.......surfcasted with no luck, but could see the action on the boats....both blues and stripers....while bodysurfing, saw alot or fingerlings jumpin.....water was nice until the rains......that full moon tide was nuts

Early run king salmon numbers are WAY down in southcentral AK - more people than fish - but there are a few of 'em out there (like this 60 pounder caught 2 days ago on the Deshka).

61#.jpg