LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by normandysurf View Post
    Anybody been doing any fishing lately? Looking like its gonna be flat this weekend and need something to do. any reports?
    You may want to rethink that whole flat thing over the weekend, Sat nite could be.....

Fished Sat and Sun... no bass. Only blues in the 2lb range on surface plugs.

Nothing wrong with a good topwater bite !

i fished sat and sun also from my kayak. bunker everywhere just couldn't land a striper. big blues all around and a big bass that snapped the line

Full on bass blitz in Deal last night... guys gaffing them from the rocks. Totally obscene if you ask me....

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Full on bass blitz in Deal last night... guys gaffing them from the rocks. Totally obscene if you ask me....
    I have no idea how NJ laws are, but it's a felony to gaff certain species in NC like the Red Drum. Stripers have been closed down here for a couple years now.

I thought we had the same laws.......

Images
    People really need to learn how to handle their fish... thats totally messed up...

In the Atlantic Ocean, it's 2 fish at 28" or larger in NC, VA, DE, NJ... and most likely a lot of other states. Gaffing is illegal in many or all of them, including NJ.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Jun 13, 2012 at 04:50 PM.

In the Atlantic Ocean, it's 2 fish at 28" or larger in NC, VA, DE, NJ... and most likely a lot of other states. .
    That's tough slot limit even in DE when you finally land a nice fish its always 26 -27 3/4" yet Maryland is 2 between 18-28 or one 18" to 28" and one over 28". Last week boated 70 + on surface plugs (catch/release no barbs) off the Choptank so better start this year than the last 2 years with less Stripers having fewer Micro sores.