LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    the best thing that could have happened was that they called off the contest. we would have seen max 5 or 6 waves ridden in heat. instead we got to see almost every major bomb with one of the worlds best.... mix of big wave chargers, locals and asp pros.
    reef, ramon, the boatman with the triple tube and jjf had monster sets. gadangs sick sideways air drop to stick was all-time..... it was quite simply the best webcast i have ever seen....

Images
    I was screaming when pat g pulled that airdrop. that was the sickest drop ever. and it's crazy. the way he was falling, he couldve gotten seriously injured. my favorite tube had to be ramons. he was so deep!!!

Those men were pulling stuff that i've dreamed about haha. it was absolutely incredible. so glad they let the webcast go.

Quote Originally Posted by 15stwr View Post
    the best thing that could have happened was that they called off the contest. we would have seen max 5 or 6 waves ridden in heat. instead we got to see almost every major bomb with one of the worlds best.... mix of big wave chargers, locals and asp pros.
    reef, ramon, the boatman with the triple tube and jjf had monster sets. gadangs sick sideways air drop to stick was all-time..... it was quite simply the best webcast i have ever seen....
    i'm trying to remain calm but yeah, any one of the best waves yesterday would have been all time on its own. to see one right after another was just mind blowing.

volcom and the asp were running around like chickens with their heads cut off all day but they were really trying to do the right thing for the fans and dealing with very difficult conditions. i think when they saw those first couple heats with undergunned pros bouncing all over the place while perfect bombs went unridden was just too much. especially with all the big wave stars standing by.

be patient, we'll get to see small wave aerialists get sashimi'd on the reef later today

they could have ran dual heats

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    they could have ran dual heats
    i dont' think enough guys had big enough equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    i dont' think enough guys had big enough equipment.
    they could have had it flown in days ago - they knew this swell was coming. they had a chance to run what could have been the greatest surf contest EVER.

that being said, the streaming freesurf was one of the sickest things i've ever seen. watching sets roll in and having someone go on every wave was just mindblowing. would have loved to be there to see it.

Images
    that webcast really showed why those guys get paid for what they do - absolutely amazing !

contest would have been cool to see in that but like was said before - seeing every wave on the set being ridden by the best big wave guys in the world was the best for us watching.

If you noticed - most of the guys getting the real bombs were not the guys that would have been in the competition.

Absolutely the best session i've ever watched

"Absolutely the best session i've ever watched " tough not to agree with that one, espn saying the Mr. James 45 point was the only thing happing in sports totally show how far behind they are in some ways.

What ever happened to the WiDE World of Sports? Who is the guy from Peru ? I still can not get over how he made that 2nd wave? Has anyone seen video that actually show him ..NOT completely out of sight?

anyway, the size and HOLLOW-Ness of some of those Late sets, (AS viewed from my safe location), were out there man!

what i would have done to be sitting on one of those boats in the channel with a beer and a fatty...

anybody got a link to the vids??