LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    A more relevant and fun question would be, 'do surfers like cops?'
    Last edited by mikestrianese; Jun 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: typo

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestrianese View Post
    A more relevant and fun question would be, 'do surfers like cops?'
    BAHAHA you should make it a poll thread! I bet 99 to 1

I don't know where any of you guys surf, but I've never had a cop harass me because I have a surfboard. In fact 90% of them come up to me and go, "damn is it cold out there; your nuts man." The only time a cop ever said anything to me otherwise was when I was changing out of my suit. He told me to hide behind my car because the people who live around there were d**ks and tend to call the cops to try and give surfers tickets (For those who don't know in Ocean City, NJ you can get a ticket for changing out of your suit even with a towel around you.) He didn't make the law; he thought it was just as dumb as I did and was trying to help me out. As for them eyeing you up; so what? First, it's their job to watch the streets. Your on them; they're gonna check you out. Second, I've found that people talk/look at me 3x as much than when I walk to the beach with a board than without one (All the cliches; "You going out there?", "Back in the day I surfed", "You ever see endless summer?"). Ultimately I think people are what you make them. You wanna jump to conclusions that they're a d**k than they're gonna come off as one. I always find it funny that people love to complain about cops but when something goes wrong the first people they call are them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ACsurf22 View Post
    I don't know where any of you guys surf, but I've never had a cop harass me because I have a surfboard. In fact 90% of them come up to me and go, "damn is it cold out there; your nuts man." The only time a cop ever said anything to me otherwise was when I was changing out of my suit. He told me to hide behind my car because the people who live around there were d**ks and tend to call the cops to try and give surfers tickets (For those who don't know in Ocean City, NJ you can get a ticket for changing out of your suit even with a towel around you.) He didn't make the law; he thought it was just as dumb as I did and was trying to help me out. As for them eyeing you up; so what? First, it's their job to watch the streets. Your on them; they're gonna check you out. Second, I've found that people talk/look at me 3x as much than when I walk to the beach with a board than without one (All the cliches; "You going out there?", "Back in the day I surfed", "You ever see endless summer?"). Ultimately I think people are what you make them. You wanna jump to conclusions that they're a d**k than they're gonna come off as one. I always find it funny that people love to complain about cops but when something goes wrong the first people they call are them.
    thannnnnk you!

[QUOTE=ACsurf22;128808r?").Ultimately I think people are what you make them. You wanna jump to conclusions that they're a d**k than they're gonna come off as one. I always find it funny that people love to complain about cops but when something goes wrong the first people they call are them.[/QUOTE]I totality here where your coming from and i agree but when me and a buddy just get done with a session and then he is actually followed i believe thats a little excessive.maybe its our imagination, Maybe its not

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    I totality here where your coming from and i agree but when me and a buddy just get done with a session and then he is actually followed i believe thats a little excessive.maybe its our imagination, Maybe its not
    its very possible. but i think with surfing becoming more popular its kinda stupid to think that all surfers are a bunch of pot heads and dead beats. theres many people surfing now days that kind of puts that stereotype rest.

I'd say about 75% or more profile the heck outta people, I've been at the victim end of law enforcement corruption first hand so I do not like most. As soon as I exercise a right of mine they go off the deep end like I'm some extreme right-wing nutcase about to commit some horrific crime. It does'nt matter if your in the right they can still ticket you and force you to waste your time in court defending yourself on a false charge, and the judge and D.A. work for the same reasons and scheme, its a total conflict of interest. I could go on all day about this, but to sum it up I do not call the cops anymore, it never did me any good when I did. And people wonder why some of us have a deep hatred for law enforcement, there is no one to stand up for the common man.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    i guess it really depends on where you live. i havent seen any police bother surfers down here. even when the beaches are closed for big waves and rips, they allow you to surf. i dont eat donuts/coffee either.
    One of my closest friends is a retired 5-O,One of the coolest guys out there.Like I said no disrespect just want to surf and be left alone.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    One of my closest friends is a retired 5-O,One of the coolest guys out there.Like I said no disrespect just want to surf and be left alone.
    dont blame you brother, theres always dbags in all professions

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    dont blame you brother, theres always dbags in all professions
    TRUE DAT Fish, you should see them in my businesses!