LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    one time a guy paddle-battled me for a couple of waves, so next opportunity I had, I dropped in on him.
    So he paddles up to me and goes "you better watch your ass, I'm a cop right here in Deal" so I just said
    whats your name so I can call your chief and mayor and file a complaint. He didn't say word one to me after that

why would you drop in on somebody just because you lost a few paddle battles?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    one time a guy paddle-battled me for a couple of waves, so next opportunity I had, I dropped in on him.
    So he paddles up to me and goes "you better watch your ass, I'm a cop right here in Deal" so I just said
    whats your name so I can call your chief and mayor and file a complaint. He didn't say word one to me after that
    So you lost the paddle-battle and dropped in on him?

What would you file the complaint about?

Unless you're Syrian, Harry Franco won't give a crap about your surfing "incident".

So you lost the paddle-battle and dropped in on him?
    nope not at all. He tried to go around me 2x and both times I beat him out, the 3rd time he got the drop on me by about a second but you know what, he was surfing like an ass, and I didn't know him, so **** him

What would you file the complaint about?
    I don't know - maybe abuse of authority, conduct unbecoming a law enforcement officer, lack of courtesy, lack of professionalism. Not likely to result in formal disciplinary action - but also not anything that helps him in any way. And long-term perspective, if he is a ****bird or a **** to a lot of people it could add ammo to someone in his dept. already gunning for him, which is likely to be the case since were talking about someone with such a level of asshole-ness that he uses his badge like that.

unless you're Syrian, Harry Franco won't give a crap about your surfing "incident".
    maybe I am Syrian, what do you know?

Truthfully, the way it played out, with him skulking away quietly after being called out I doubt if he even was sworn officer, probably some sort of wannabe volunteer or dept employee
    Last edited by dave; Jun 12, 2012 at 06:06 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    maybe I am Syrian, what do you know?

Truthfully, the way it played out, with him skulking away quietly after being called out I doubt if he even was sworn officer, probably some sort of wannabe volunteer or dept employee
    He was probably a dispatcher or something.

Syrians don't physically exert themselves, so I doubt it. I know several Ashkenazi who surf though.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Syrians don't physically exert themselves, so I doubt it.
    Nice - stereotype much?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    Nice - stereotype much?
    Nah man, the heavy lifting is for the shabbos goyim.

the thing about stereotypes is that they are usually based on truth.

Images
    dave doesnt like competition

Syrians don't physically exert themselves, so I doubt it.
    true, most don't. They love tennis mostly-but the few who do surf are not very good and actually very humble and mindful of etiquette in the water, which is shocking considering how they drive and just conduct themselves in general